+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you noticed a Trend?

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi everyone,

As we are waiting for New delhi office to return my husband's passport. Just wondering if some of you have noticed any trend as to which day of the week they issue visa and update the ECAS with " decision Made" My eyes are longing to see these 2 words " DECISION-MADE". They recieved his Passport on Oct 9th, so i know its been only 11 days so far.

Any insight on this would be really appreciated.

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
yes thats true, But i was hoping if anyone knows wheather the new delhi office issues visas on a certain day of the week cuz i read on this forum somewhere that for certain visa office they issue visas on wednesday.

may be Ariell can shed some light on it ?

thanks

Soni

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
you knowing what day wont make a difference. If you knew it was on wednesdays, would that mean you wont check your ecas any other day? damn rights you will lol, you'll still be checking everyday the minute you wake up haha

i understand your pain, anyone on this forum would :)

good luck! you're almost there

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
lol, u r sooo right, I check it as I begin my day :) sometimes i even check it twice a day..just to see that " in process"... hahaha...

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sonimal

Sorry I don't know for sure but I don't think there is any particular day that ND issues visas on. I think it can be any day. In our case, my husband got his visa on a Saturday and ecas was updated at the beginning of the following week. I think it typically takes 2-3 weeks for your passport to be returned by ND so you may be waiting a bit longer but hopefully not too long! Good luck.

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Ariell, So are you saying that ECAS was updated after your husband recieved his Visa?? I thought its updated the day they mail back the passport

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, ecas was updated after he got his visa. It sometimes happens because ecas is only updated once a week, usually on a Tuesday. They don't update ecas daily. So in my husband's case, they mailed the passport on Friday, he received it on Saturday and then the following week ecas was updated but at that time we already had the visa!

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been told that ecas will be updated once the visa is put in the passport. That means that it should be updated before you receive your passport. However, I've also been told that each visa office/officer is different when it comes to the updates they put on ecas.

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
ooo that gives me some more hope...may be its already in the mail..thanks Ariell for your prompt reply :)

Btw if you dont mind me asking..Where in Canada Do you live?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
as I noticed, e-cas are usually updated on Mondays

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
In my wife's case, she received the passport on Saturday..but the ECAS was updated the following week on Tuesday.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonimal said:
ooo that gives me some more hope...may be its already in the mail..thanks Ariell for your prompt reply :)

Btw if you dont mind me asking..Where in Canada Do you live?
No problem! I'm in Ontario.