08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hello all,

I have received my ECA from WES today, and the report indicates three years instead of four years. Is it normal?

I have Bachelors in Geology from Pakistan which was 4 years long in duration. I want to know why they have done that or is that how it is done? Those who have received their ECAs done please advice if this is correct? Thanks

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Nightrocker said:
Hello all,

I have received my ECA from WES today, and the report indicates three years instead of four years. Is it normal?

I have Bachelors in Geology from Pakistan which was 4 years long in duration. I want to know why they have done that or is that how it is done? Those who have received their ECAs done please advice if this is correct? Thanks

This is normal. This means you 4 years Pakistani degree is equivalent to a 3 years Canadian degree. What is important is that this means you will get points for a Bachelors degree.

my_dream_CAN

Jan 25, 2015
Better get this confirmed from WES whether reports says it right about the number of years and on what basis they can judge whether the number of years need to be reduced.
Have they given any reason in your report for reducing one year to make it equivalent to Canadian education.?
Try asking this question in their helpline by mailing them? This is strange!!
are you the only one who got like or are there other folks who went to the similar situation.
Is your degrees not recognized that you got 1 year less, was it listing in the list of colleges/Institutions displayed by the WES while registering for the ECA?

jamieb14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
I am in the same position!

I did a 2 year BTEC National Diploma college course in the UK and they have credited me to 'One semester of post secondary study' I don't know how this is. I had this re-viewed by WES and Re-evaluated and they say they are correct in the original Evaluation which baffles me still as now I am 1 measly point below the 67 mark! :mad:

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamieb14 said:

I did a 2 year BTEC National Diploma college course in the UK and they have credited me to 'One semester of post secondary study' I don't know how this is. I had this re-viewed by WES and Re-evaluated and they say they are correct in the original Evaluation which baffles me still as now I am 1 measly point below the 67 mark! :mad:
How can this be possible?was your 2 year part time course

jamieb14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
niravk said:
How can this be possible?was your 2 year part time course
Nope full 2 years at College in UK. BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in IT Software Development to OLD NQF system

They maintain the same equivalences, benchmarks and other articulations (for example SCAAT points,
UCAS Tariff points) as their predecessor qualifications. The table below identifies the titling conventions and
variations between the ‘old’ (NQF) and ‘new’ (QCF) qualifications:

Predecessor BTEC Nationals (MY QUALIFICATION)
(accredited 2007)

= Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Certificate

Is equivalent to:

QCF BTEC Level 3 qualifications
(for delivery from September 2010)

= Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma

Which is still a 2 year course :(

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm guessing its because your btec is a level 3. A diploma is a level 5.
The years taken to complete it don't matter, its the level of qualification.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
jamieb14 said:

Yes, WES evaluation is correct. Do not go by the duration of course at home. It's all about equivalency of degree. Your report is correct.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Nightrocker said:
Hello all,

Your report is perfectly alright. Just as Namaste said do not go by the duration of course at home. Equivalency assessment is in terms of degree not duration.

lfdq

Mar 1, 2015
Does anyone know whether I would be eligible for the FSWP per below;

36 years old
IELTS 9S,9L,8.5R,8W
8 years skilled work experience under Class B NOC (2282 - User support technician)
BTEC National Diploma (Awarded 1996) in Computer Studies (I studied a 2 year full time course in the UK)
British Citizen (Living in Australia)

Im getting pretty confused now as I was sure I have more than 67 points but after reading this post I'm not sure I will.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mar 9, 2015
AoA,

Hope u r dng wel. My name is Tanveer and i am from Peshawar. I need ur help regarding degree evaluation from WES. can i hv ur contact number so that i cld cal & discus the matter with ur goodself.