+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
While filling Citizenship application Online i came across the below question :

Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

It says List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.

My eligibility period: January 3, 2019 to January 2, 2024

I had the below travel documents covering the 5 years eligibility period. Do I need to mentioned even visa or just passports?

Travel documentDate of IssueValid until
Dubai E- visa - ( Not stamped in passport, but I have a separate paper)

26/12/2019

23/02/2020
Canada Visitor visa
02/08/201819/10/2025
Canada Work permit visa
04/04/201925/04/2021
Indian Passport
21/10/201520/10/2025

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
While filling Citizenship application Online i came across the below question :

It says List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.

My eligibility period: January 3, 2019 to January 2, 2024

I had the below travel documents covering the 5 years eligibility period. Do I need to mentioned even visa or just passports?

Travel documentDate of IssueValid until
Dubai E- visa - ( Not stamped in passport, but I have a separate paper)
26/12/2019

23/02/2020
Canada Visitor visa02/08/201819/10/2025
Canada Work permit visa04/04/201925/04/2021
Indian Passport21/10/201520/10/2025
Visas are not travel documents. Only passports and things like Refugee travel document are.

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
Visas are not travel documents. Only passports and things like Refugee travel document are.
In online application when clicked on help button next to the Document number input field under this question, It says Visas "
A document number is a set of alpha numeric characters that helps authorities to confirm your identity. You can find this number on the official document you use to travel, such as
  • passport
  • visas
  • other similar documents
"

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
In online application when clicked on help button next to the Document number input field under this question, It says Visas "
A document number is a set of alpha numeric characters that helps authorities to confirm your identity. You can find this number on the official document you use to travel, such as
  • passport
  • visas
  • other similar documents
"
Visa (Tourist, Study, Visit, Work etc) is an entry document which allow you to entry a country along with a travel document like passport.
Your Dubai visa is not an travel document relevant for Canadian citizenship application

Koutence

May 14, 2024
Navigating citizenship applications can be a bit confusing, especially when it comes to documenting travel history. In my opinion, it's always best to err on the side of thoroughness when filling out these forms. So, if you've had any travel documents, including visas, during your eligibility period, it's probably a good idea to list them.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Navigating citizenship applications can be a bit confusing, especially when it comes to documenting travel history. In my opinion, it's always best to err on the side of thoroughness when filling out these forms. So, if you've had any travel documents, including visas, during your eligibility period, it's probably a good idea to list them.
You do not need to list visa's, PR cards(of another country) as a travel document.
Its mostly passport related.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
That's not a good idea at all! All processes conducted by IRCC are direct, straight forward and the more documents you provide the more your application will be delayed. Travel history has nothing to do with visas, it has to do with the actual TIME you travelled to the country that granted you visa

Reactions: JohnnyDamien

Koutence

May 14, 2024
Even if it feels like overkill, it shows that you're being transparent and forthcoming with your information. As for assistance in obtaining travel documents, if you had any help or used services like keta, it's worth mentioning that too. It just adds more context to your application.