+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

For this question , do we have to attach our Stamped Visa for US , Canadian Stamped visa for Work permit , Stamped PRTD etc? I have all 3 in my passport

I am not sure if stamped Visas are considered travel document

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015

For this question , do we have to attach our Stamped Visa for US , Canadian Stamped visa for Work permit , Stamped PRTD etc? I have all 3 in my passport

You need to provide colour copies of bio pages of all passports you’ve held in the past 5 years. They may or may not ask for all pages at a later stage. As you have visas in your passports, I’d supply all pages. That’s what I did.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

A passport is a travel document and not the visa itself. Any passport booklet that was valid during your eligibility period will have to be reported.

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
A passport is a travel document and not the visa itself. Any passport booklet that was valid during your eligibility period will have to be reported.
In online application when clicked on help button next to the Document number input field under this question, It says Visas "
A document number is a set of alpha numeric characters that helps authorities to confirm your identity. You can find this number on the official document you use to travel, such as
  • passport
  • visas
  • other similar documents

gaziashraf95

Jan 14, 2024

For this particular question, I had a Bangladeshi passport during my time in Canada. However, my passport expired on March 23,2023 and my new passport issue date was on May 07,2023. I have applied for my renewal before the expiry date on March 23, 2023. But it is asking me to explain the gap. I have given the explanation as follows:

My application was In-Progress between the time gap of March 27, 2023 to May 07,2023.
I have applied for my new passport before the expiration date of March 27, 2023. The Standard Processing Time for the entire process is about 8 weeks as mentioned in the official website. It is a paper based application that requires mailing to the embassy in Ottawa, and the passport is printed internationally in Bangladesh and mailed back to the embassy. I had my PR card during that time for any travelling.

Is this explanation enough?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

For this particular question, I had a Bangladeshi passport during my time in Canada. However, my passport expired on March 23,2023 and my new passport issue date was on May 07,2023. I have applied for my renewal before the expiry date on March 23, 2023. But it is asking me to explain the gap. I have given the explanation as follows:

My application was In-Progress between the time gap of March 27, 2023 to May 07,2023.
I have applied for my new passport before the expiration date of March 27, 2023. The Standard Processing Time for the entire process is about 8 weeks as mentioned in the official website. It is a paper based application that requires mailing to the embassy in Ottawa, and the passport is printed internationally in Bangladesh and mailed back to the embassy. I had my PR card during that time for any travelling.

Is this explanation enough?
Yes