+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

have you ever applied to enter or remain in canada- very tricky need help

sidath89

Dec 15, 2015
Hi guys, my problem is a very tricky one. Actually I applied for PR on new express entry system back in august, 2015. Unfortunately my score was insufficent(385) and then I withdrew the appication. Therefore thought of migrating as a student and while I was filling the form there is a question as "have you ever applied to enter or remain in canada".

So basically If i say yes and mention this thing I am sure that visa officers might reject my visa because of my previous intent. What I want to know whther is it okay If I say no to the question "have you ever applied to enter or remain in canada". Can they check my information even though the application is withdrawn. Please advise.................................

punar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
Med's Done....
1-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
29-12-2015
i think u should not lie..
just make strong sop about that incident

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada recognizes dual intent and does not discriminate because of that. They definitely will know you created EE profile.
you have expressed interest in coming to Canada not yet applied to enter or remain in Canada.

sidath89

Dec 15, 2015
Hi ifeedly, Exactly that was even I thought. So you mean that when it comes to the question, shall I choose the option NO, or shall I choose the option yes and mention that I have applied once under express entry. Please share your thoughts.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sidath89 said:
Hi guys, my problem is a very tricky one. Actually I applied for PR on new express entry system back in august, 2015. Unfortunately my score was not insufficent(385) and then I withdrew the appication. Therefore thought of migrating as a student and while I was filling the form there is a question as "have you ever applied to enter or remain in canada".

So basically If i say yes and mention this thing I am sure that visa officers might reject my visa because of previous my intent. What I want to know whther is it okay If I say no to the question "have you ever applied to enter or remain in canada". Can they check my information even though the application is withdrawn. Please advise.................................

You should answer 'No'. Question is related to visa application, not EE.

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have not applied so dont use that word in your correspondence