+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you applied to enter or remain in Canada ? How to answer for people in express entry pool

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am about to apply for a visitor Visa to Canada I am in the pool for express entry so I am not sure if that qualifies as a formal application. Has anyone in the pool said no to this question and got granted a visa before ? Do visa officers have access to all express entry applicants in the pool even though they have not made a formal PR application. I am applying next week and I would appreciate your assistance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You have not applied for a visa to Canada until after you get an ITA and pass a PR application, so you can answer no if you never applied for TRVs.

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for replying. I have read here on this forum that a visa was denied for not disclosing their express entry status, that's why I got confused. It could help if I could hear from ppl in the express entry thatthat granted a visitor Visa despite answering no to this question.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for replying. I have read here on this forum that a visa was denied for not disclosing their express entry status, that's why I got confused. It could help if I could hear from ppl in the express entry thatthat granted a visitor Visa despite answering no to this question.
If you already decided on a course of action or have your mind made up, then why are you asking again? You got this same answer in another thread you posted.

It wouldn't hurt either if you chose to answer "yes" for having an EE profile if you want to do it that way. It will be up to the officer to decide. I declared a returned application in my visa refusals, but per my GCMS notes it was not considered as a refusal. My guess is that whatever case you are referring to somehow also previously applied for some sort of visa or PR in the past.

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
You have not applied for a visa to Canada until after you get an ITA and pass a PR application, so you can answer no if you never applied for TRVs.
Hi, do I need to declare if I have received ITA while applying for TRV? My spouse won't be accompanying me for PR. My spouse doesn't plan to move before 2020. We thought of having TRV beforehand so that it's easier for us during vacations. Please advise.
PR: I am the primary applicant (I still have a month to submit eAPR)
TRV: Spouse is the primary applicant