+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you applied to CIC before?

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hi all,

I received ITA on march 1st. I have a Query regarding a Question in e-APR form "Have you applied to CIC before?"

My first express entry profile expired and i created anew EE profile and got a new profile no.
Should i answer this question as YES or NO...
Please Help

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cann2017 said:
Thank you DelPiero07
Just to clarify, i'm referring to the question asking if you've applied for permanent residence before.

If you have had a study permit/work permit in Canada you should answer "yes" to the question asking if you've applied to IRCC before and provide your UCI number.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frankie2017 said:
Hi, I applied paper PNP this January but didn't receive FN yet. Should I say yes and provide the temporary FN(Staring XEP) showed in my CIC account. Thanks
Say "yes" to the question asking if you've applied for PR before.

T_ING

Apr 6, 2017
Hi all,

In the EE profile, I selected YES under the question 'Have you applied to IRCC before' becuase the second question required my old express entry and I thought I should answer YES.

I received ITA on March 24th and now in the Question in e-APR form "Have you applied to IRCC before?" I am going to answer NO

Does this change between EE profile and APR affect my application?

Any advice is really appreciated.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi all. I have a similar situation. What obtains if you have applied for a Visitor's Visa and it was approved. Does that count as having applied to IRCC before? And what happens if you have had more than one EE profiles that have become ineligible? Should you answer YES to the question, or is the question specifically related to Permanent Residence Applications? It's quite frustrating that these very important questions are so ambiguous and vague. Thanks in advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
BlessingsOverflow said:
Hi all. I have a similar situation. What obtains if you have applied for a Visitor's Visa and it was approved. Does that count as having applied to IRCC before? And what happens if you have had more than one EE profiles that have become ineligible? Should you answer YES to the question, or is the question specifically related to Permanent Residence Applications? It's quite frustrating that these very important questions are so ambiguous and vague. Thanks in advance.
There's nothing wrong with the question: it's also meant to refer to TRVs, work permits, study permits, refugee, etc.

So you should answer YES

Mohsin.S

Jan 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
Hi all,

In the EE profile, I selected YES under the question 'Have you applied to IRCC before' becuase the second question required my old express entry and I thought I should answer YES.

I received ITA on March 24th and now in the Question in e-APR form "Have you applied to IRCC before?" I am going to answer NO

Does this change between EE profile and APR affect my application?

Any advice is really appreciated.
Dear T_ing
I am in similar situation like you mentioned above. Any advise how you tackled in your case. Thanks.