+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Have you and your sponsor been married for a minimum of two years as of the date of application?"

Ibeforem

Oct 9, 2017
This question really has me worried. I was going through the checklist and everything was sort of fine until I got to this question. My spouse and I have been together for over 6 years, lived together on and off and shared endless experiences and expenses together. We got married here in Canada less than a year ago. Will this cause an issue while applying?

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
This question really has me worried. I was going through the checklist and everything was sort of fine until I got to this question. My spouse and I have been together for over 6 years, lived together on and off and shared endless experiences and expenses together. We got married here in Canada less than a year ago. Will this cause an issue while applying?
No. It’s just that if you say yes to all four questions on that page, your burden of proof is lower (because you don’t need to complete the next page of proof). But many couples file right after getting married.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
That's reassuring. I can't imagine my life without my spouse. Thank you.
To provide even more reassurance - the second page will be less of a hassle if you have been together for 6 years. You should have documents coming out of the wazoo that show the two of you in a relationship.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
To provide even more reassurance - the second page will be less of a hassle if you have been together for 6 years. You should have documents coming out of the wazoo that show the two of you in a relationship.
This for sure. My husband and I were only married for three months before sending our application in but we were together for eight years at that point and had plenty of proof for the second page. Our application went through no problem.