+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have W1 spousal work permit

Vijaykarasi

Jan 31, 2018
hi,

My wife's company filed Visa application for her as well as for me.
I got open spousal work permit (W1) and my wife is the main applicant who also got work permit (W1).
My wife's travel may delay by 3 to 6 months.

1) Can I try and find a job in Canada and enter the country before my wife enters?
2) Does any company take telephonic/skype interviews (I will attend from India without quitting my current job)?

Thank you,
Vijay

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as I am not sure but

1)usually a spouse who is the main applicant must land either first or at the same time as the accompanying spouse given the main applicant is the one who needs to complete the POE requirements. My assumption and I may be wrong but this applies across the board for any immigration category with accompanying spouse whether PR,study or ICT.

2) sure employers do do telephone or Skype interviews however actually finding a company to do so will likely be very difficult from outside Canada unless you have unique skills not easily available in Canada. Whilst outside Canada sure you have a visa approved but that is not the same as actually being in Canada and employers are always wary that people might not ever turn up thus wasting their time.