+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have visa till august 2017 but study starts in january 2018

gaurav3688

Jun 3, 2017
hi,
My name is Gourav ahir. I have study permit till august,2017. And i have withdraw my study from canada in january,2016 due mother accident in india. Now i have offer letter for january,2018 and i am thinking to go to canada before my my permit expire and apply for study permit extension.....

My question is does border security allow me to come in june,2017 with existing study permit and visa for january intake.....??

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others will comment but given you dropped out in January 2016 it is likely your permit was cancelled in which case you need to reapply. Even if it has not been cancelled you would have a hard time convincing anyone arriving in June for a January course with an about to expire study permit having not attended anything since Jan 2016.

gaurav3688

Jun 3, 2017
Others will comment but given you dropped out in January 2016 it is likely your permit was cancelled in which case you need to reapply. Even if it has not been cancelled you would have a hard time convincing anyone arriving in June for a January course with an about to expire study permit having not attended anything since Jan 2016.
If i got offer letter for September intake ..... than is it possible to convince tham.... because i have some time to get September offer letter..... and i got confirmed about my study permit , it is not cancelled....

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
You can give it shot, keep your study permit, offer letter fee receipt handy when you arrive. And can also apply for extension online - you can keep the reference number for the same on you as well. As long as you provide detailed information while applying for extension you should be good. Get enrolled pay the fee - the maximum you can.

Good luck!

gaurav3688

Jun 3, 2017
You can give it shot, keep your study permit, offer letter fee receipt handy when you arrive. And can also apply for extension online - you can keep the reference number for the same on you as well. As long as you provide detailed information while applying for extension you should be good. Get enrolled pay the fee - the maximum you can.

Good luck!
If i reapply for study permit from india. So , is there any chance to get permit again. And do i need to complete the process of GIC again for reapply