+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have to send fingerprints twice?? Need some advice

tito369

Jan 5, 2021
Hey,

So I just got an email from IRCC that I need to send my fingerprints AGAIN.

I submitted my applications back in July 2019, sent a set of fingerprints in Nov 2019. My test has been canceled once due to covid, and I was waiting for another invitation
to write a citizenship test (yea it's been over a year now)

And today, I got an email saying that I need to send my fingerprints again since the previous one has expired, and yes I need to pay for the process.

Is there anyone in the same situation? This is just ridiculous, I don't understand why I need to spend extra money when it's not my fault not being able to write a test in time...:(

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Your criminality certificate (the fingerprint) you did in November 2019 expired one year later in December 2020. So they need new fingerprint done. Do it as soon as you can to get things rolling BELATEDLY.

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
I was in the same boat because I submitted my first set in August 2019 and was asked to write a test in Jan 2020 which I had to reschedule to a later date then covid happened. I was surprised that I had to provide them with another set of fingerprints in mid-Dec 2020. I did it in like 2 days, and they surprised me with an invitation to the test about 10 days later (see my signature for the detailed timeline).

It did suck that they only cared to let me know my first set expired months late and I had to pay another 65 dollars, but it's what it is. I need the citizenship urgently for some personal reason, so I can't complain about it now that it finally progressed to the next step.

Hey,

So I just got an email from IRCC that I need to send my fingerprints AGAIN.

I submitted my applications back in July 2019, sent a set of fingerprints in Nov 2019. My test has been canceled once due to covid, and I was waiting for another invitation
to write a citizenship test (yea it's been over a year now)

And today, I got an email saying that I need to send my fingerprints again since the previous one has expired, and yes I need to pay for the process.

Is there anyone in the same situation? This is just ridiculous, I don't understand why I need to spend extra money when it's not my fault not being able to write a test in time...:(