+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have to now ask for restoration, cant find form

Folfire

Sep 16, 2019
I had applied for a PGWP after completing my degree in August. Recently, they asked for 2 additional documents to be uploaded and submitted.

So I missed the deadline to submit a document and got refused, giving me the instruction to apply for restoration. Now I am trying to find the way to apply for restoration and the PGWP again, but with the answers I provide, I am only given the usual PGWP forms and the cost does not include the 200 for restoration.

I am looking for IMM5708, and the one I'm getting is IMM5710. The difference are the statements so I can ask for the "Restore my status as visitor".

Folfire

Sep 16, 2019
Can anyone give me information on how to reach the option described? The answers I am giving lead me only to PGWP (the normal one), and none of the answers to questions were "about restoring status". And if I write my status as visitor, I get lead to express entry and other options.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I had applied for a PGWP after completing my degree in August. Recently, they asked for 2 additional documents to be uploaded and submitted.

So I missed the deadline to submit a document and got refused, giving me the instruction to apply for restoration. Now I am trying to find the way to apply for restoration and the PGWP again, but with the answers I provide, I am only given the usual PGWP forms and the cost does not include the 200 for restoration.

I am looking for IMM5708, and the one I'm getting is IMM5710. The difference are the statements so I can ask for the "Restore my status as visitor".
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1250&top=16

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

Folfire

Sep 16, 2019
Thank you, but this is the website I visited first of all. The problem is that Immigration Canada webpage to make the online process, asks me questions on what I am looking for. Currently, I am selecting "Work Permit" and how I have graduated and have the papers. But the selected answers only lead me to the IMM5710 and there's no evidence about the restoration form. THey aren not even charging for it, so I am assuming this is incorrect.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you, but this is the website I visited first of all. The problem is that Immigration Canada webpage to make the online process, asks me questions on what I am looking for. Currently, I am selecting "Work Permit" and how I have graduated and have the papers. But the selected answers only lead me to the IMM5710 and there's no evidence about the restoration form. THey aren not even charging for it, so I am assuming this is incorrect.
It's all on that second link I sent you.

Restoration of status
You may be able to restore your status as a visitor, student or worker within 90 days of losing it, if you lost it because:
  • you stayed in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay (but not longer than 90 days).
  • you changed employers, location of employment, or type of work (occupation or level of responsibility) before getting a new work permit.
  • you changed the type of studies, educational institutions, location of studies, or times and periods of studies without applying to change these conditions on your study permit if they were specified on your study permit.
You may still be eligible for restoration if you continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with other conditions imposed.

If you wish to obtain a new study or work permit and restore your temporary resident status, you must
  • submit your application within 90 days of losing your status
  • provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that resulted in you committing the offence
  • keep meeting the requirements for your stay
  • meet all the conditions listed on your permit, and
  • pay the restoration fee ($200)
Restoration applies to each family member who has lost their status. There is no guarantee that we will accept your application.

An officer will evaluate your request for restoration of status and if approved will process your application for a study or work permit. You will then be advised of any further action to be taken.

Note: You may not study or work in Canada until your application for restoration has been processed.

Completing the forms
This application package includes:
Use the Document Checklist [IMM 5558] (PDF, 289.24 KB) to assist you in gathering the supporting documents to submit with your application.

Folfire

Sep 16, 2019
Completing the forms
This application package includes:
Use the Document Checklist [IMM 5558] (PDF, 289.24 KB) to assist you in gathering the supporting documents to submit with your application.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help and patience. If I am to understand... I should download this form (I have it already), then apply for the PGWP and add it as an additional document? But then how can I get charged? I am supposed to pay for that, correct?