+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have to do last two semesters as a part-time student.

Loveya Gahir

May 26, 2021
Hello there, I hope everyone is doing great. I am an international student enrolled in 2 year diploma in Canada. I recently completed my 4th semester. I am left with 2 courses in order for me to complete my program, one of which is pre-requisite of other. So, I will have to enroll in last two semesters as a part-time student. Is it going to affect my PGWP if I write a LOE explaining that I am not doing it on purpose. Please let me know if someone else had this same situation and received their PGWP as I have been overthinking it a lot.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, it is going to affect your PGWP. You will essentially be making yourself ineligible for PGWP. You could still get it by explaining but that is dependent on who is reading your application. In conclusion, PGWP for you is no longer guaranteed.

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
You can be part time during your last semester, not sure about the second to last though.

bryefly

Apr 28, 2021
Only the last term in your program has no requirement of full-time/part-time student status. In rest of the terms, an International student has to maintain full-time status (barring summer term).

Loveya Gahir

May 26, 2021
Currently, I am in my summer term as a part-time student and next term is going to be my last term which I need to take part-time. I studied past 4 semesters full-time Does that make any difference?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Currently, I am in my summer term as a part-time student and next term is going to be my last term which I need to take part-time. I studied past 4 semesters full-time Does that make any difference?
Are you supposed to be part time in the summer or full time. It depends on that.