+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have to ask for new test date? Whats the process right now?

ronypete

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2014
LANDED..........
29-10-2014
Hey folks, my application got processed a lot faster than I anticipated. I'll have to postpone my test appointment because I'm currently travelling for a few months. I'm hoping to postpone the test at least 2 months.

1. Which is the best way to contact cic to let them know that I can't make the appointment?
2. Can I just state that I'm travelling? Do I need some other reason?
3. If I say I won't be back home for another 2 months, is there a chance they consider that for giving a new test date?

Last edited:

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hey folks, my application got processed a lot faster than I anticipated. I'll have to postpone my test appointment because I'm currently travelling for a few months. I'm hoping to postpone the test at least 2 months.

1. Which is the best way to contact cic to let them know that I can't make the appointment?
3. If I say I won't be back home for another 2 months, is there a chance they consider that for giving a new test date?
Send Web form indicating you will be out of Canada from DATE OF DEPARTURE to DATE OF RETURN,
and that you request IRCC to not schedule test/interview between the dates.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: KRP and ronypete

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
I strongly recommend that you appear for the scheduled interview, unless your trip is super urgent. It might take several weeks to get a new date. My friend has now waited for 5 months since requesting a new date.

ronypete

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2014
LANDED..........
29-10-2014

JPBless

May 14, 2018
I read that a lot of people try to call IRCC. I wonder how long it takes for them to process the web form. Should I do both maybe?
Some people have reported getting a response after a few days. The good part about Webform is you have documented evidence of the request you made. When you call and speak to somebody you are relying on that person's integrity that your request was handled well. My experience with IRCC tells me to have everything documented.

Of course I am not saying you can't trust call agents; just that you need to cover all the bases - just in case.

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016

hi, Were you lucky to get your test date postponed? I am in the same situation now. I will be travelling outside the country for seven weeks. I am afraid if I get a test date during my travel.