+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have telecommuting job with US company - moving to BC

jenni_usa

Jun 23, 2009
Not sure if I would qualify under the business visitor program or not. I am a US citizen looking to relocate to BC. I work for an American company (work from home - telecommute). What would be the best way to move to BC? If I am able to go in as a business visitor, what are the challenges of moving my household items across the border? My husband is a healthcare professional & once he gets a job up there it would fall under NAFTA and then after 3 mos can apply for PR through provincial nominee program.

We are trying to figure out if it is better to try to move with me having a job already with my company since I telecommute or whether my husband should try to get a job first so that he can get a temp workers permit and we can move that way. I guess I am also confused about actually "moving" since we would obviously want to move all our household furniture/belongings through a moving company...and I am curious as to whether we would be prevented from moving our stuff if only relocating as a business visitor. Any thoughts or ideas for us would be greatly appreciated!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not assume you can move to Canada under any kind of visitor status. It would be better if your husband goes first to find a job and gets a work permit.