+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have some doubts on the requirements to sponsor spouse after getting my PR.

nehailan

Jul 2, 2017
Hi,
I have received my COPR.
I have to complete my landing before Nov 20, 2019.
I am planning to get my PR in Nov and come back and get married in December, 2019 and then sponsor my husband. I have the following questions.
1. While sponsoring my husband, do I have to be in Canada or can I stay in my home country India until my husband gets his PR. (Since I have to be in Canada for only 3 years within 5 years from the date I get my PR. )
2. If I must remain in Canada to sponsor my spouse and stay there itself, is there a way for my husband to be in Canada with me since the processing times could take more than a year and we don't want to be apart for that long.
Please advise.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. You must be in Canada.

2. If he is able to obtain a tourist visa, he may be able to visit you. It is difficult to obtain tourist visas when you are married to a PR.

Reactions: YVR123

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi,
I have received my COPR.
I have to complete my landing before Nov 20, 2019.
I am planning to get my PR in Nov and come back and get married in December, 2019 and then sponsor my husband. I have the following questions.
1. While sponsoring my husband, do I have to be in Canada or can I stay in my home country India until my husband gets his PR. (Since I have to be in Canada for only 3 years within 5 years from the date I get my PR. )
2. If I must remain in Canada to sponsor my spouse and stay there itself, is there a way for my husband to be in Canada with me since the processing times could take more than a year and we don't want to be apart for that long.
Please advise.
You can't stay in India for that period

Try to apply for his visitor visa but chances of getting it are very low

nehailan

Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for the replies. And in this scenario, will my spouse
1) have to write the IELTS exam?
2) Will he be asked to do a WES transcript of his educational degree document?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
What's your current relationship with your future husband? Are you just dating or living together?