+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have provincial nomination but no work experience

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Hi folks,

I should receive a provincial nomination for express entry in a month. I plan to apply through the Canadian Experience Class. The catch is Canadian Experience Class requires at least 1 year work experience and I have so far about 6 month.

With the provincial nomination my points will be over 900 even without work experience. My question is, can I apply through the Canadian Experience Class before competing 1 year of work experience (as I have provincial nomination and my points are already higher than the cut off)

Many thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks,

I should receive a provincial nomination for express entry in a month. I plan to apply through the Canadian Experience Class. The catch is Canadian Experience Class requires at least 1 year work experience and I have so far about 6 month.

With the provincial nomination my points will be over 900 even without work experience. My question is, can I apply through the Canadian Experience Class before competing 1 year of work experience (as I have provincial nomination and my points are already higher than the cut off)

Many thanks
No - you cannot. You need at least 1 year of work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC.

Your post also doesn't really make sense. If you are nominated through a province and use these points to be selected, then your application won't be processed through CEC. It will be processed as a provincial application.