Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
First Street Plaza
#200, 138-4th Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4Z6
Telephone: (403) 263-4414
Fax: (403) 264-3914
E-mail: reception@ciwa-online.com

Hi wsongco,
I tried to call my employer but they never answer my phone, wish I have no problem to get ROE and timesheet sign by them. Regarding the EI, I think I better work on my paper work of PR first and then find out how to apply my EI.

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi Guys,
I called the assosication and they said if I am qualifed to apply PR via option 2 then I can apply now. I don't need to looking for another employer and wait another 6-8 months for the renew LCP visa. That's good news!

hi villagehua,

i don't know but one of the requirements in PR application is that contract to your present employer that saying your still working with them...!!!i'm sorry for confusing you i called immigration too they said i can't

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
But Djchad, I ask to the association here and they said as long as you completed 3900 in 22 months, then you can apply PR.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
I know which part you are saying now. That is from option 1 (completed 24 months) right? Yes, you do need a letter from your current employer showing you still working for them. But I am going to use option 2 (3900 hours).

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Seems like there is a FLAW on the requirements for Option 1 in the PR application for live in caregivers. Why is it okay for those applying under option 2 to apply for PR regardless of whether they are working or not while those applying under option 1 need to be employed? Has anybody pointed that out or called attention to this at any of the meetings between stakeholders?

VILLAGEHUA said:
I know which part you are saying now. That is from option 1 (completed 24 months) right? Yes, you do need a letter from your current employer showing you still working for them. But I am going to use option 2 (3900 hours).

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Cross finger to hope I have no problem to apply my PR :)
I agress with Job-Seeker, otherwise will bad for the people who are going to use option 1. We all came from difference country by ourself and work hard in Canada. Finally we see the light in front!

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
job_seeker said:
Seems like there is a FLAW on the requirements for Option 1 in the PR application for live in caregivers. Why is it okay for those applying under option 2 to apply for PR regardless of whether they are working or not while those applying under option 1 need to be employed? Has anybody pointed that out or called attention to this at any of the meetings between stakeholders?

HI JOB-SEEKER,

i just checked the requirements and option 1 and 2 is the same that you need a contract from your current and previous employer

TO VILLAHEGUA

you better check you papers before you send it..i suggest that you talk to your employer and tell them to not release you yet until you send your application that's the best thing you do that i know
GOODLUCK

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Only that option 2 applicants need to submit a letter from their current employer stating the caregiver is still working for them whereas option 2 applicants don't; they only need to submit the time sheets.

djchad said:
HI JOB-SEEKER,

i just checked the requirements and option 1 and 2 is the same that you need a contract from your current and previous employer

TO VILLAHEGUA

you better check you papers before you send it..i suggest that you talk to your employer and tell them to not release you yet until you send your application that's the best thing you do that i know
GOODLUCK