+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have problem to apply pr under live in caregiver program

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi senior,
I am qualif ied to apply PR now and willbe using option 2(3900 hours). But my situation is that my second family is not working out for me. Can I move out of that family and start working on PR document? Or do I need to looking for another employer to sponsor me ? The LMO+ work permit take 6 to 12 months , is that mean I have to wait one year then can apply my PR? Please help. Thank you for reading.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
yes you can find another employer while submiting your PR Appication if you meet 3900 hrs. You dont have to wait for new LMO and wp to submit your application as long as wp from 2nd employer is still valid.

Which province are you now? There are lots of caregiver association that assist to fill up forms. You just have to google them which one near you.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you wsongco,
I am in Vancouver now, but I am worry about my current employer might will stop the relationship with me since I stop working for them.

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
VILLAGEHUA said:
Thank you wsongco,
I am in Vancouver now, but I am worry about my current employer might will stop the relationship with me since I stop working for them.
hi villagehua...

as long as you are still in your employer you can send your application for RP...did your employer release you already?//
if yes you can't send your application yet
did you find another employer already?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi, djchad.
Yes, my employer released me today and I have to move to my boyfriend's house now. That sucks, I have to find another employer. Which mean I have to wait after 6months then can apply PR. :'(

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi, djchad.
Yes, my employer released me today and I have to move to my boyfriend's house now. That sucks, I have to find another employer. Which mean I have to wait after 6months then can apply PR. :'(
yah that's really sucks that's what I'm doing right now....waiting waiting so stressing

too bad that we didn't do it before our employer released us....

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Really?djchad. So where are you live and what are you going to do now? Is there has no other way to go? We are almost there.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I suggest try to contact one of these association near you to see if you qualify to submit your PR. You don't have to look for another employer if you qualify just wait for the open work permit.

If not they may also help you to find new employer. Its free to join and they are regulated by the CIC Immigation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/associations.asp

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
VILLAGEHUA said:
Really?djchad. So where are you live and what are you going to do now? Is there has no other way to go? We are almost there.
[/quote

YES
IM waiting for my LMO right now hope i have it this week or next week then apply for work permit...hayyyyyy

I'm here in edmonton,alberta..how about you?why did you leave your employer?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi Guys,
I called the assosication and they said if I am qualifed to apply PR via option 2 then I can apply now. I don't need to looking for another employer and wait another 6-8 months for the renew LCP visa. That's good news!

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi Guys,
I called the assosication and they said if I am qualifed to apply PR via option 2 then I can apply now. I don't need to looking for another employer and wait another 6-8 months for the renew LCP visa. That's good news!
what???is that true???me I'm done with my 24 months..do i qualified too??can i have phone number villagehua

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi Guys,

That's good news. Did you ask them to check your documents to make sure you complete 3900?
Have you asked your previous employer to make you a letter why they released you and maybe just maybe you will qualify to apply for employment insurance (ei) because it's not your fault that you lose your job

Good luck!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........