+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have PR from 4 years ago. but did not go

dingudi

Feb 22, 2009
Guys,

I had landed 4 years ago but came back to US. Thought I had 3 years to think about whether I want to move canada or stay in US. Then after 3 years I had either leave my job in US and move to canada OR give up canada PR. I stayed back in US because I applied for AOS. And now I wish to apply for AINP through Alberta. Is there anyone who had applied earlier , never went back after landing and are now applying AINP. Is my chances of getting rejected more because I did not go there the first time.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Not really,They realize people make the mistake thinking that the US economy is more stable then Canada.They are happy to see people enlightened Quote President Barack Obama I commend Canada for having the Strongest Financial system in the G7,Clearly America has lessons to learn from Canada"Go ahead and apply

dingudi

Feb 22, 2009
In the Alberta application form, not the cic form, they ask if we have applied for GC before and if I say yes, then I need to write my previous file number as well as all the details of my previous application. I just wanted to know if someone on this Forum is in the same situation as me where I they have the PR Card, reside in US ,did not really comply with the residency requirements and are now trying to apply for AINP program.

To the person who replied to my earlier post, are you also in the same state?

Thanks

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
No,I work for the goverment and in the nature of my work dozens of people come in asking for help 90% of them being Immigration related,I have had about 4-5 similiar cases.Your PR card will be toast if you present it to enter Canada being no longer valid.But yes there are 2 successful similiar cases came to Canada in the 90 s didnt like it,moved to California and joined the exodus now fleeing the US to Canada.California I hear has about a thousand applying this month alone for AINP,better hurry

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Thousand from California doesn't look like a big number to me as Alberta government did really big advertisement here and also did a seminar in San Francisco for AINP program. BTW where do you get these figures?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
AINP does a lot of communication with BC PNP,We have a Labour Mobility agreement with Alberta and My Boss goes to Edmonton from time to time,You know Politicians love trips to visit other Politicians

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
I see ... I wish BC had same rules for PNP like Alberta AINP ... as personally I think BC(Warm and diversified) is better than Alberta

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
That'd be great if BC had a similar rule. Especially if they would attract F1 students from high demand qualification/skills.