+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have not received the citizenship certificate yet, what are my options?

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Had the virtual oath on 27th of January and still have not received the certificate yet, I know the oath invite email said to to wait for 6 weeks and its only been 2 weeks, just wondering what are the options if I do not receive it in a couple of weeks time, how long did it take for people to receive it after their oath ceremony?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Had the virtual oath on 27th of January and still have not received the certificate yet, I know the oath invite email said to to wait for 6 weeks and its only been 2 weeks, just wondering what are the options if I do not receive it in a couple of weeks time, how long did it take for people to receive it after their oath ceremony?
Have you emailed them to know if they dispatched the certificate or not yet?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did, no response but I assume it was dispatched since on my online tracker says file closed 28th of Jan
Not necessarily. At least if they say it was dispatched or not. If it's dispatched then it's a matter of time in the mail. I am thinking of emailing them, too,

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Not necessarily. At least if they say it was dispatched or not. If it's dispatched then it's a matter of time in the mail. I am thinking of emailing them, too,
Do they usually respond to say they dispatched it? Have they done that in the past?

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
They did for some people who reported back here.
oh wow, thanks for letting me know. Well I replied back to the email they said to use in the oath invitation and asked them to confirm whether they sent it or not, no response. Their auto response message says they do not respond back to emails. Unless there is a different email to contact them or a webform?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
oh wow, thanks for letting me know. Well I replied back to the email they said to use in the oath invitation and asked them to confirm whether they sent it or not, no response. Their auto response message says they do not respond back to emails. Unless there is a different email to contact them or a webform?
Try a webform also.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
What office did you take the oath with?

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I just sent them another email asking them to confirm whether they have sent it or not, I guess all I can do for now is wait until the 6 weeks have passed and contact them again. What is the process if I have not received it after 6 weeks, do they just re-issue another one once I contact them via webform? or is there a process I have to go through?

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
I am in the shoe. I made my oath on Feb. 9 and didn't receive the certificate yet. I am in Winnipeg but my understanding that the office issuing the certificate is in Saskatoon.