+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have CSQ in Quebec, but waiting for PR. Can I Work?

ryanfmartin

Dec 4, 2018
My wife is sponsoring me for PR (I’m from the US) and I applied Outland in November. We crossed into Canada a few days ago and the border agent suggested that with the CSQ I have received and status as a “recorded visitor” I might be able to apply for jobs and a work permit. I’m a teacher and am likely only eligible to teach at a CEGEP in Montreal (which would be great) but hadn’t planned on applying until I had PR status. Does anyone know if the information I received is correct? Can I start looking for work?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife is sponsoring me for PR (I’m from the US) and I applied Outland in November. We crossed into Canada a few days ago and the border agent suggested that with the CSQ I have received and status as a “recorded visitor” I might be able to apply for jobs and a work permit. I’m a teacher and am likely only eligible to teach at a CEGEP in Montreal (which would be great) but hadn’t planned on applying until I had PR status. Does anyone know if the information I received is correct? Can I start looking for work?
You need your PR to work. Very unlikely that you will get a job offer without the employer knowing when you will be eligible to work. Border agents aren’t always knowledgeable about immigration.