+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a work permit but got V-1 TRV visa instead of W-1

jenya777

Sep 23, 2021
Hello, everyone!
I have a valid work permit, recently I applied for visa to enter in the border and got V-1 (visitor visa), however I thought I am going to have a W-1 (worker visa) cause when I was a student I had a S-1 TRV visa for students.

I am planning to travel in November and my question would I be able come back with my Work Permit and V-1 TRV visa?
Thank you

Umairkh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I recently travelled with v-1 visa and same scenario as you and i asked the immigration officer at Toronto airport and they said its fine its a new policy and they are issuing v-1 to pgwp holders now

vikramg

Sep 11, 2021
I recently travelled with v-1 visa and same scenario as you and i asked the immigration officer at Toronto airport and they said its fine its a new policy and they are issuing v-1 to pgwp holders now
Hi
Can you let us know when did you applied for TRv within canada and how long it took to get stamped?

Umairkh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I got my visa in 2 weeks but i had to travel to Pakistan so i got my passport stamped in Pakistan and took 4 days in pakistan

vikramg

Sep 11, 2021
Can you help me with passport stamp? I’m also thinking to get my visa stamped from india? To whom should i contact for that