+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

have a work permit based on a positive LMO, Do I need to get AEO?

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
Hello there ...

I am already in Canada and working. I do have a work permit based on a positive LMO, I also have a permanent job offer from my employer.
Do I need to get AEO or an offer from my employer is enough?

I think I read that AEO is for the people who are not already in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

soh3il said:
Hello there ...

I am already in Canada and working. I do have a work permit based on a positive LMO, I also have a permanent job offer from my employer.

The letter is sufficient that s/he will employ you full time once you become a PR.

rundung

Dec 4, 2012
Since the OP's question is already answered, please allow me to piggy-back on his topic.

I would like to know if there is a restriction on the amount of positive LMO's that can be issued to one person.

I have two job offers from two different provinces and have received a positive LMO from one of these institutions. However, its from the one that I'm not that excited about. :-\

Does the chance still exist that I may also get one for the other offer? Thats the one I really want. ::)

gmail04

Jan 10, 2013
soh3il said:
Hello there ...

You'll need to get an AEO even though you are already in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gmail04 said:
You'll need to get an AEO even though you are already in Canada.
Maybe you should read the document check list : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf specifically paragraph 11?