+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a US GC and want to apply Canada PR

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
[quote author=IMMI_123]
Hello thisisauser,

Hey I didn't know CEC AOR is enough to extend OHIP...How long they renew for CEC AOR? One year?

[/quote]
They don't mention AOR per se, but this document:
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf
Has this paragraph:

> Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

When I talked to them they said only written letter (original) and not email AOR or copies though if that's the case you have to correspond with OHIP review board.

[quote author=IMMI_123]

I was in the same situation as 'prapplicant' twice when my work permit was getting extended...I need to pay from my pocket to the clinic..unfortunately that's the time we had huge medical expenses. The worst part of it, the clinic did not pay me the full amount though the health ministry paid them ( say I paid $65 for my each visit to the clinic , but the clinic paid only $30 back to me since that's what they get it from ministry)..When I called the ministry they said, they can not control the clinics...I almost lost more than $800 due to that. I always wonder why OHIP is not covered during the implied status when we are legally allowed to stay/work and pay taxes. :(

[/quote]

It is an unfortunate situation with OHIP and immigration generally, they need to work closer. In your case I doubt OHIP could help you directly since they reimbursed the clinic already. Insurance has deals with healthcare providers where they pay a fixed fee for various service types which could be significantly lower or sometimes higher than the actual cost (if it were charged to the patient) but economies of scale and all, on average they better than break even. Even if you've taken the bills to OHIP they most likely would have followed their standard coverage schedule rather than reimbursing you the full fee.