+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a UK Criminal Record

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by award74, Aug 24, 2019.

  1. I have a criminal record from UK. I was convicted of an offence 'Fraud' and was sentenced to 18 months of imprisonment. After 9 months of my imprisonment, due to good behavior in custody, I was released and was monitored externally by the local probation officer. Today, it's been 3 years & 8 months since I was released from the prison. My conviction becomes spent in September 2020. As this could affect my PR in UK, I voluntarily exited from UK at my own cost and returned back to my home country.

    My question here is, Can I apply for a Canada Permanent residency? If so, how many years of PCC is required? Are there any options to apply for a pardon from UK? Could you please guide me or assist me in this regards as to lead a better life.
  2. You cannot apply for PR at this time - you are inadmissible to Canada. You will need to wait until 5 years have passed since your imprisonment ended - then you will have to submit a rehabilitation application to Canada. Once the rehab application is approved - you will then be able to apply for PR. So you've got about another year and a half to wait before you qualify to apply for rehabilitation. Canada won't be an option until then.

Share This Page