+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

have a big problem

mapalacios

Sep 30, 2011
hi i was asked to submmit my

passport
Medical Exams
proof of funds
UPDATED SCHEDULE A– BACKGROUD/DECLARATION (IMM5669)
Police certificate
Pre paid airway bill DHL or FedEx to return tour documents
pay the Right of permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

my question is they just said to send proof of fund (they did not say anything about how many month do i have to show)so i am sending my fixed deposit open a couple of days ago to cic it is a three month fixed deposit that is what my cosulting advice me to do because i do not have sufficient fund in my bank account because i just sold a couple of things that i had and manage to raise the money but i can not send receipt or anything because i sold them to friends

can i be refuse on the grounds of proof of funds

gacajias

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
Guayquil
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, colombia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
Doc's Request.
16-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27-05-2011
Med's Request
21/06/2012
Med's Done....
10/07/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
with medical request
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2012
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
i have the same problem with my proof of funds can i be refused

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Seems to be fine.
dont worry.
send the FDR certificate.

MYEVEREST

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 july 011
AOR Received.
PER 27 OCT
Med's Request
feb 1st 2012
Med's Done....
feb 6th 2012
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2012 .. RPRF encashed on feb 25. "decision made " on april 19
VISA ISSUED...
25 april
mapalacios said:

passport
Medical Exams
proof of funds
Police certificate

my question is they just said to send proof of fund (they did not say anything about how many month do i have to show)so i am sending my fixed deposit open a couple of days ago to cic it is a three month fixed deposit that is what my cosulting advice me to do because i do not have sufficient fund in my bank account because i just sold a couple of things that i had and manage to raise the money but i can not send receipt or anything because i sold them to friends

It doesn't matter whether it is fix or saving. Just request balance certificate from bank. it will work

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
MYEVEREST said:
It doesn't matter whether it is fix or saving. Just request balance certificate from bank. it will work
Agreed!fixed deposit statement and current account balance statement worked for me.

Louth

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Qorax always says: send nothing more, nothing less. If they have not specified a bank statement of x number of months then don't send it. If you have just created the FD a few days ago, the money must have been in your account, so show the money trail leading to the FD and you will leave them no questions. If the FD is the only proof you have of funds then I cannot help you. You are going to need money when you settle in Canada. The required amount is a bare minimum, not a large sum by Canadian standards, and would soon be gone if it took a while to find good employment. From the outside of the application process it is clear that the money must be yours.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pippin said:
Qorax always says: send nothing more, nothing less. If they have not specified a bank statement of x number of months then don't send it. If you have just created the FD a few days ago, the money must have been in your account, so show the money trail leading to the FD and you will leave them no questions. If the FD is the only proof you have of funds then I cannot help you. You are going to need money when you settle in Canada. The required amount is a bare minimum, not a large sum by Canadian standards, and would soon be gone if it took a while to find good employment. From the outside of the application process it is clear that the money must be yours.

well i was asked a 1 year bank statement. whic means details of how the money comes in and go out. i did exactly that and all was fine.

So like Pippin has said good to show the trail leading to the F. D or else he will think this money has been borrowed.
wish you good luck.

Canadaforall.

mapalacios

Sep 30, 2011
canadaforall said:
well i was asked a 1 year bank statement. whic means details of how the money comes in and go out. i did exactly that and all was fine.

So like Pippin has said good to show the trail leading to the F. D or else he will think this money has been borrowed.
wish you good luck.

Canadaforall.
but does it really depends on the visa office and the visa officer to acceptes this or not

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mapalacios said:

passport
Medical Exams
proof of funds
Police certificate

Yes you can be refused on grounds of proof of funds, if the visa officer believes that the proof is not adequate, that the funds are not genuinely yours.

I would get bank statements for at least 6 months and regarding selling the items to your friends, get signed receipts from them with contact information if visa office want to contact them to confirm. It is largely at this stage down to the discretion of the visa officer, but generally when they make their decision you'll have 1 chance to convince them. It's not use sending further info after a decision is made.

So my advice is to send as much information as possible. You can't be rejected for sending too much information regarding your funds. You can certainly be failed for not sending enough! :)

Best of luck,
Wayne.

Vivis

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
29/10/2012
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
26-07-2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
21-08-2011 in process 29/06/2012
mapalacios said:

passport
Medical Exams
proof of funds
Police certificate

hi my VO is also Bogota they send you letters or e-mails TKS