+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have 3-year PGWP - SINP didn't give job approval letter - PLEASE HELP!!!

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Situation:
- Graduated from the UofS in Spring 2014
- Currently a lab tech on a 2-year contract in Saskatoon
- SINP said my wage is below the Saskatoon's average wage and it is not a permanent job.

Would there be any way I can apply under another province's stream?

I'm not sure what to do, because in January 2015, the EXPRESS ENTRY will change everything, and I don't know if I will be eligible with one-year work experience in May 2015.

Any comments/advice welcome. Please HELP!!

Student7872014

Raajyudhwaan

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 December 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014
AOR Received.
06 February 2014
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
06 February 2014
Med's Done....
06 March 2014
student7872014 said:
Hi Everyone,

Situation:
- Graduated from the UofS in Spring 2014
- Currently a lab tech on a 2-year contract in Saskatoon
- SINP said my wage is below the Saskatoon's average wage and it is not a permanent job.

Would there be any way I can apply under another province's stream?

I'm not sure what to do, because in January 2015, the EXPRESS ENTRY will change everything, and I don't know if I will be eligible with one-year work experience in May 2015.

Any comments/advice welcome. Please HELP!!

Student7872014
I am not sure if i could provide u any helpful information. I can try if u can tel me:-

1) field of study
2) duration of course
3) have u lived in any other province before starting your degree at university of Saskatchewan
4) duration of pg work permit

thanks

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

1) Physiology
2) 3 years
3) in Ontario for one year (did the last year of high school there)
4) 3 years

Student7872014

AdorableJat

Star Member
May 28, 2012
hey bro,.,

i am in saskatoon as well and sinp will approve the wages if you call them about the issue or if they dont you can go to mla or mp ...

but as it is contract issue not sure but still if you need help...give me your number.,

Raajyudhwaan

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 December 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014
AOR Received.
06 February 2014
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
06 February 2014
Med's Done....
06 March 2014
student7872014 said:
Hi there,

1) Physiology
2) 3 years
3) in Ontario for one year (did the last year of high school there)
4) 3 years

Student7872014
I think you have two options that can get you towards your PR:-

1). PNP
2). CEC

Contractual job wont count towards CEC. And if your current job does not qualify you to apply for SINP, there is no use of carrying on with it.

What I think is if you just want money inflow carry on with your job.

Else start looking out for jobs in your field in AB or BC. Change province if it allows you to apply for PNP or if you can get yourself in a Full-Time job.

Also keep in mind that they are starting "Express Entry" in Jan 2015. So keep your eyes open for that option too once its available.

I have tried my best. I hope it will help you in planning your future move.

1 more question - have you done masters from university of Saskatchewan ??

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really appreciate your reply. Please find below what I think.

Raajyudhwaan said:
I think you have two options that can get you towards your PR:-

1). PNP
2). CEC

Contractual job wont count towards CEC. And if your current job does not qualify you to apply for SINP, there is no use of carrying on with it.
How so? CEC only requires 1-year full time work experience. They do not care if it is a permanent or a contract job. On their website they even say that "have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Additionally, I do not have any relatives in the country to help me. Without their help, how would I get a permanent job as a fresh graduate straight out of University? (I naturally do not have any experience in my field, because I just graduated for heaven's sake!)

What I think is if you just want money inflow carry on with your job.
If I find a permanent job in Saskatchewan, I would quit my job right away. If not, then why not work towards one-year work experience so that I might be eligible under the CEC (Not sure how things will look like after the Express Entry, though)?

Else start looking out for jobs in your field in AB or BC. Change province if it allows you to apply for PNP or if you can get yourself in a Full-Time job.
That's actually a really good idea, but as far as I know, for AB you need a permanent job offer from an employer from Alberta. Again, with no relatives etc. to help out, no way. I am not sure about BC though.

Also keep in mind that they are starting "Express Entry" in Jan 2015. So keep your eyes open for that option too once its available.
I check the website pretty much few times every week. I really hope that they will not screw people over who spent years and money in Canada, and worked very hard to become eligible for the PR.

I have tried my best. I hope it will help you in planning your future move.
I really appreciate for all the comments. I really do believe that even a word that we were not aware of before can turn things around.

1 more question - have you done masters from university of Saskatchewan ??
Nope. I graduated with a B.Sc. from the UofS

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hi as far as the contract job is concerned it its more than 30 hours a week and you have 1 year work experience,you can qualify for Canadian experience class.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fpaikar said:
Hi as far as the contract job is concerned it its more than 30 hours a week and you have 1 year work experience,you can qualify for Canadian experience class.
I really hope so. I really hope that the changes will not affect CEC applicants (particularly people who have been studying and living in Canada for a few years from now) dramatically.