08-01-2014 (SA granted)
Med's Done....
30-07-2013 (received on ecas Apr 1 '14) "In progress" on April 4th
Thanks Panlea

debt

Jan 27, 2014
P90X said:
Nothing new for us ?

I should have my CSQ by the end of the week or next week.

My phone is still blocked in Cuba, so I still cant send SMS to my wife using my regular phone.
It's so hard...but I hope the visa will soon come so we can have a normal life together.

Keep the faith !
How long was your phone blocked for and what carrier are you using? I have experienced that also, in June of 2013 and it just happened again. I am with Rogers. My calls are not blocked so I believe it is a Rogers issue.

debt

Jan 27, 2014
P90X said:
Hi, here's what I can tell you:

1- As far as I know the "official hospital" is still Hospital Hermanos Ameijeiras in havana. My wife went there in February and she did her exam without problem. I would call there
if I were you to make sure it still the official hospital and what your husband needs to bring for the medical exam.

2- I dont know if he can go to Holguin, before everyone had to go to Havana.

3- The medical exam is free. My wife went there and there was no charge. The 400CUC you are talking about was for the PRE, but not required now.

4- My wife went to immigration in Cuba last month, and she doesnt need the PRE as long as she returns to Cuba inside 2 years. So if your husband gets his visa and comes to Canada,
as long as he return to Cuba between the time he gets in Canada and the end of 2 years here, there wont be any problem. Of course, when he'll go back to Cuba, he'll be able to come back here
and get an other 2 years.

Carta blanca is not required anymore also. They checked my wife in the computer at immigration and told her that as soon as she gets her Visa from Canada, she's free to take
an airplane to come here the same day.

Hope this can help, and things seems to change often, so make sure you do your research on your side also, just in case

I married a Cuban male in Aug 2013, we are still trying to get all the papers. My husband called the hospital in Havana and was told that the medical is 405 CUC's.
Is this true? Any and all help is appreciated... We have often felt that since getting married we are bing charged high fees due to me being Canadian.

Thanks for any assistance.

panlea

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014 (SA approved)
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Phones get blocked frequently. I send alot of SMS, in the thousands so far. :D . ETECSA may add you to a filter list and simply filter you out. Can you send to another mobile in Cuba? If yes, then it's the recipients phone's problem. Sometimes they are full (memory).Clear the persons phone. Try to see if you can send an SMS with another phone to the same person in Cuba. Let us know. If you are on the ETECSA block list, you can email ETECSA to get it removed but it takes time. I have had to change numbers 3 times so far because of blocking. :-X

debt

Jan 27, 2014
panlea said:
Phones get blocked frequently. I send alot of SMS, in the thousands so far. :D . ETECSA may add you to a filter list and simply filter you out. Can you send to another mobile in Cuba? If yes, then it's the recipients phone's problem. Sometimes they are full (memory).Clear the persons phone. Try to see if you can send an SMS with another phone to the same person in Cuba. Let us know. If you are on the ETECSA block list, you can email ETECSA to get it removed but it takes time. I have had to change numbers 3 times so far because of blocking. :-X
I have tried sending SMS to 3 different Cuba cellphones, none are getting through. The problem started sometime on Friday, messages went through during the day but not in the evening. When this happened last May I believe it was a few weeks before the messages went through. For now Rogers is crediting all calls to my husbands number.
Also, do you have any idea about the cost of a medical in Havana?
Thanks

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Hello everyone, I am kinda new to this forum. I am getting married to my Cuban fiance in the summer this year and then start the process for him to come here in Canada with me.
I know there are a lot of 'reasons' for which people can get denied but I was wondering if not enough face to face time could be one of them.. Long story short I met him while I was a student there for 2 months and I'm just going there 5 months later to get married. Of course I would love to go back meanwhile but the budget is tight. Would that be a major concern for the application?

Thanks

panlea

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014 (SA approved)
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
No one knows. There are people who get accepted after one week face to face and some with years !!! Each application is unique. Good luck !!! But if you spent 2 months this is good. Build your application with a lot of pictures, email, sms, etc...You need to prove your relation is authentic. Keep a copy of everything !!!

panlea

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014 (SA approved)
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
@debt. I don't think your phone is blocked. It seems intermittent. I would wait a bit. Sometimes it's hard to get through and also it depends on the receiving towers.

For medical they are 400CUC per adult and some small fees 5cuc or 10cuc, don't remember. Book early as there was a back log. CIC web site has the Hospital name. Go in person to get the best info. You need pictures as well.

PatriChan

Oct 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
31-12-2013 MIss. 16-01-14 Havana
File Transfer...
08-01-2014 (SA granted)
Med's Done....
30-07-2013 (received on ecas Apr 1 '14) "In progress" on April 4th
debt said:
I have tried sending SMS to 3 different Cuba cellphones, none are getting through. The problem started sometime on Friday, messages went through during the day but not in the evening. When this happened last May I believe it was a few weeks before the messages went through. For now Rogers is crediting all calls to my husbands number.
Also, do you have any idea about the cost of a medical in Havana?
Thanks
My SMS' have not been getting to my husband since yesterday either. I'm also with Rogers. When I call they asked me to do a network reset and told me if that didn't work it was an issue with etecsa. (Reset didn't work). If it ends up working for you could you keep me posted? I'd appreciate it. :) and how did you get them to pay for your calls! :) smart move!

debt

Jan 27, 2014
PatriChan said:
My SMS' have not been getting to my husband since yesterday either. I'm also with Rogers. When I call they asked me to do a network reset and told me if that didn't work it was an issue with etecsa. (Reset didn't work). If it ends up working for you could you keep me posted? I'd appreciate it. :) and how did you get them to pay for your calls! :) smart move!
I have had a number of issues with Rogers - the problem with SMS not getting through started in June 2013... Rogers wanted to blame Cubacell, I was very persistent and kept records of who I had spoken with. I have had monthly issues with Rogers and each time I call them and keep track of who I speak with; I even have the email of one of the business managers. This time I also went to Apple, had a diagnostic run on my phone and the folks at Apple switched my SIM card. I again called Rogers with all the information, I think I lucked out with the customer service person I spoke with and there is a big file about the issues. I make it easy for the. Now and tell them they will be crediting me for all calls made to my husband until the issue is resolved.
Good luck and thank you for the advice/info.

panlea

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014 (SA approved)
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Ok the Havana spreadsheet is live at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmRnu_K3VbDkdDM0SWh1YzhDUHpQM2hmem8yZzY2SkE&usp=sharing

If you would like to be added, pm me or post your information. Good luck to all of you. !! ;)

debt

Jan 27, 2014
My SMS are now going through to Cuba - at least 2 different numbers. I will wait another day till I let Rogers know... I want to know that messages are going through for over 24 hours before I really believe the issue is fixed.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
panlea said:
Ok the Havana spreadsheet is live at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmRnu_K3VbDkdDM0SWh1YzhDUHpQM2hmem8yZzY2SkE&usp=sharing

If you would like to be added, pm me or post your information. Good luck to all of you. !! ;)
Awesome panlea Thankyou so very much for your time to make up a sreadsheet. I was just going to suggest to have one. :-* ;) ;D :D 8)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I am working on my application for my husbands sponsorship and I am wondering about tranlating letters my husband sent me over the years in spanish. Can I translate them with a online translation app as I did to read them Will cic accept or do I need to have them done professionally ?

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Galano1213 said:
I am working on my application for my husbands sponsorship and I am wondering about tranlating letters my husband sent me over the years in spanish. Can I translate them with a online translation app as I did to read them Will cic accept or do I need to have them done professionally ?
Don't translate any personal letters - it shows CIC that you can communicate in both languages :)
Loca Lola