+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I am in the midst of answering questions for the PR invitation I received.

i was previously rejected PR application due to not providing sufficient employment document.

I already answered "YES" to the question
"have You been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

should I also say "YES" to
"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Please help! thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am in the midst of answering questions for the PR invitation I received.

i was previously rejected PR application due to not providing sufficient employment document.

I already answered "YES" to the question
"have You been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

should I also say "YES" to
"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Please help! thank you
Yes

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
thank you for your reply!! i have another separate question.
I used to use nickname at work (totally different name compared to my legal name). But I never signed any official document nor any tax forms are under my nickname but on my legal name. So no document that I will submit to IRCC will contain my nickname.

Should I still disclose my nickname to IRCC??

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
thank you for your reply!! i have another separate question.
I used to use nickname at work (totally different name compared to my legal name). But I never signed any official document nor any tax forms are under my nickname but on my legal name. So no document that I will submit to IRCC will contain my nickname.

Should I still disclose my nickname to IRCC??
No worries
No need. All the best

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
No worries
No need. All the best
hi taran, i am sorry for bombarding you with questions but i got another one.
I have police certificate from Korea (my home country) dating back july 19 2022. Since getting the PCC, i visited korea for 2 weeks vacation in oct 2022. My primary residence was in Canada in 2022 (the whole time).

In this case, should i get another PCC from korea?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
hi taran, i am sorry for bombarding you with questions but i got another one.
I have police certificate from Korea (my home country) dating back july 19 2022. Since getting the PCC, i visited korea for 2 weeks vacation in oct 2022. My primary residence was in Canada in 2022 (the whole time).

In this case, should i get another PCC from korea?
All good.
Yes you have to get a new one. Its better to get it now since after ITA you have limited timeline to submit it.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
All good.
Yes you have to get a new one. Its better to get it now since after ITA you have limited timeline to submit it.
okay I actually have the same case for US. I visited for 2 weeks after leaving the country in 2016 for 1 yr of study, That means I need to get another FBI fingerprints??? jesus

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
okay I actually have the same case for US. I visited for 2 weeks after leaving the country in 2016 for 1 yr of study, That means I need to get another FBI fingerprints??? jesus
Yes.
I know its too frustrating but don't worry once you get PR it will be worth these efforts.
All the best.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Yes.
I know its too frustrating but don't worry once you get PR it will be worth these efforts.
All the best.
thank you! I learned FBI get back to you faster nowadays after covid... And I guess email from FBI rather than physical report will also suffice the IRCC requirement

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Yes.
All the best.
Hi taran, Would you be able to also answer yet another question? I have asked around this forum and nobody seems to know...
I entered canada last august as a visitor using ETA. Upon recieving interim work authorization, i started my employment with a company.
At the same time i applied for the OWP (per PGWP extension policy 2022). I recieved the work permit in dec 31,2022.

I wonder if i have worked illegally? can you please help me.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi taran, Would you be able to also answer yet another question? I have asked around this forum and nobody seems to know...
I entered canada last august as a visitor using ETA. Upon recieving interim work authorization, i started my employment with a company.
At the same time i applied for the OWP (per PGWP extension policy 2022). I recieved the work permit in dec 31,2022.

Sorry not too sure about it, so not answering it but I will try to ask around and will update you once hear something.
I would recommend to read the permits and emails carefully if you stumble about anything regarding this.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......

We need more information to answer that. So you only started working after you receive an interim work authorization? And that authorization lasted until you got your new work permit? What’s your main concern that makes you think you may have worked illegally?