+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has XY been working full time for the employer on their current work permit for at least 1 year?

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Hello!

I am still unsure what to answer... I called the support number 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only), told them what the situation was, and they advised me to open a ticket for a `technical difficulty`.
I just sent the information, and they say they will reply within 10 business days.

I'll post the what they answer here.
Great let me know, I spoke to two ppl who were in same position and they confirmed that they got pr and didn’t work one year on the specific closed wp , also spoke with my lawyer and he confirmed as long as you are holding a permit in there name and working for at least one year, with that said though there is no guarantee that cic will not reject it but based off the answers that I get I will take my chances and apply for the 50 points

tonatihu

Oct 6, 2017
Great let me know, I spoke to two ppl who were in same position and they confirmed that they got pr and didn’t work one year on the specific closed wp , also spoke with my lawyer and he confirmed as long as you are holding a permit in there name and working for at least one year, with that said though there is no guarantee that cic will not reject it but based off the answers that I get I will take my chances and apply for the 50 points
I just got a response. But it was not as specific as I would have liked...

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Our Express Entry (EE) application system awards points based on the information that you have provided in your profile.
To obtain details concerning the Comprehensive Ranking System, please refer to the Ministerial Instructions issued for the EE program.
You may update your EE profile if your situation has changed and/or if you submitted incorrect information. In order to do so, we invite you to follow these steps:
1. Access your online account,
2. Under the section Continue my profile / application, not yet submitted, click on Continue Profile
3. Once on the Express Entry profile page, click on the Update form button corresponding to the section you want to modify.
If needed, more information regarding what happens once you are in the pool is available for you.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
At least on the link they sent, they mention about having worked for the current employer, the current work permit is not mentioned.

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

• (a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
    • (i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
    • (ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
    • (iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work in Canada for that employer;
I will apply for the 50 points, and see how it goes.

Reactions: Pgill2609

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
I just got a response. But it was not as specific as I would have liked...

At least on the link they sent, they mention about having worked for the current employer, the current work permit is not mentioned.

I will apply for the 50 points, and see how it goes.
Yea me too, im preparing to apply, only hope it goes well, did you get ita yet or
you didnt claim the 50 points ?

tonatihu

Oct 6, 2017
I did claim for the 50 points, and I already got the invitation last Wednesday.

Now it is just matter of submitting all documents and filling all the forms... we'll see how it goes...

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018

Now it is just matter of submitting all documents and filling all the forms... we'll see how it goes...
Good luck on your application, I will post here so anyone else in the same position in the future can see. Did you get offer letter from employer stating you will be employed one year after PR?

tonatihu

Oct 6, 2017
Good luck on your application, I will post here so anyone else in the same position in the future can see. Did you get offer letter from employer stating you will be employed one year after PR?
I have the offer of employment application that my employer used to issue my current closed work permit (2 years from September 2017). My employment agreement states that my position is permanent and for indeterminate time as long as I remain entitled to work in Canada. So I think that should be enough.

Reactions: jonnnie23

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
I have the offer of employment application that my employer used to issue my current closed work permit (2 years from September 2017). My employment agreement states that my position is permanent and for indeterminate time as long as I remain entitled to work in Canada. So I think that should be enough.
Hi .. is your application got processed ?

nagapr

Sep 28, 2019

Please help. Shall we gain 50 points before completing one year in Canada.

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hi can you clarify one thing please , were you working for your empmyer specific for one year and then applied or.did you have 1 year open work.permit and then got a emplyer specific

DShine

Feb 9, 2020
Can you please confirm the answer for the below question.

1. I have been working in Canada for 2 years for an employer and left Canada at Oct 2018.
2. Now, Came in new work (Starts at Dec 19) permit with the same employer for 24 month assignment. I would like to claim job offer points with this assignments for my PR.

The below questions answer is 'NO', I cannot claim job offer points if the below answer is "NO". Can you please confirm, just to make sure, I am not doing anything wrong.

Has XX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
--NO

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Hi,
I have been working for the same company for a year a half, however the first 6 months , it was the recruiter company providing subcontract to the company that I have been working on ( and it is detailed in their job offer letter) . the full time work experience, counts for a year and a half or a year?