+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has xxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before ?

cecfile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi ,

I have answered NO to Has xxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before ? but I was in Canada on work and study . I have got the ITA now what should I do now ?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
cecfile said:
Hi ,

I have answered NO to Has xxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before ? but I was in Canada on work and study . I have got the ITA now what should I do now ?
The answer to that question for you is YES.

Has xxx applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before? No , unless you have applied for PR before.

than system will ask you if you have Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
enter UCI number - check your study/work permit.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
cecfile said:
I have got the ITA , what should I do now
since it's not a big deal, you can simple open a "system generated PR application" in your cic account and make those changes.

cecfile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
why not ? Will be better I will explain in LOE .Even my company has moved to different address, I have updated after ITA ad explained in LOE as well that I have updated the company's address

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
cecfile said:
why not ? Will be better I will explain in LOE .Even my company has moved to different address, I have updated after ITA ad explained in LOE as well that I have updated the company's address
Such changes are not required to be mentioned in LOE, as long as you make correction before submitting your application(eAPR).

The choice is yours.

allawi

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Such changes are not required to be mentioned in LOE, as long as you make correction before submitting your application(eAPR).

The choice is yours.
Hello,

I've done the same mistake; answered "No" in the express entry questionnaire and "Yes" in the questionnaire following ITA.
However, in my PR application status, the field under "UCI" is empty although I filled it in the questionnaire.
Is this a technical mistake? is there anyway I can check my answers for the questionnaire following the ITA?

Thanks!

gbrv85

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hello guys,

I have withdrawn the EE profile and have created new EE profile using a completely new account. What should I mention in the Application Details section > Under Immigration history in a new EE profile?

Question says: Has XXXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

Thanks in advance.

rohan_exp

May 22, 2017
i did the same mistake , i answered this question as 'No' but my application
i have uploaded my valid work permit under different tab as proof of employment. is it OK ? or do i need raise CSE

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

The choice is yours.
There is absolutely nothing that is required to be mentioned in LOE. In fact, LOE is an optional document.

i did the same mistake , i answered this question as 'No' but my application
i have uploaded my valid work permit under different tab as proof of employment. is it OK ? or do i need raise CSE
Hi ,

This is a good example of a situation that should be disclosed in the LOE. One line, "I answered 'no' to the question of whether I have applied to IRCC before, but I have applied for a study permit and my UCI is xxxxxx." You can also raise this in a CSE and attach a scan of your work/study permit etc.