+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has this person ever used any other name?

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
My full first name is Mohammadali. This is how it is spelled in my passport. In my police certificate they have spelled it as Mohammad Ali. So what should be my answer to the question: Has this person ever used any other name? Should I say yes and enter Mohammad Ali as well?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
My full first name is Mohammadali. This is how it is spelled in my passport. In my police certificate they have spelled it as Mohammad Ali. So what should be my answer to the question: Has this person ever used any other name? Should I say yes and enter Mohammad Ali as well?
I agree with @Immigreat81. Answer "no" for other names and try to get your name corrected in your PCC.

Good luck.

Reactions: Alii2017

vjnu

Jul 23, 2017
I agree with @Immigreat81. Answer "no" for other names and try to get your name corrected in your PCC.

Good luck.
In my case, I actually CHANGED my name in the new passport.
So my problem is that in my old passport I never have a Lastname.
And while trying to submit "YES" to the question "Has this person ever used any other name", the system throws an error saying to complete all the fields both Last name and first name. How do I submit my online PR application if this is the case?

xpressFWS

Feb 27, 2018
In my case, I actually CHANGED my name in the new passport.
So my problem is that in my old passport I never have a Lastname.
And while trying to submit "YES" to the question "Has this person ever used any other name", the system throws an error saying to complete all the fields both Last name and first name. How do I submit my online PR application if this is the case?
Hi vjnu,

I am in the exact same situation as yours. I did not have a last name originally on my passport, educational documents. Then I added a last name on my passport and also have an educational degree with the first name + last name. When I try to enter the old name, the system throws an error for incomplete field. How did you resolve the issue? And what documents did you have to provide related to name change? Please respond. It will be very helpful.