+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has <name> applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

varnapremraj

Jun 18, 2018
Hi...
:) for the question "Has <my name> applied to IRCC before?" I had answered "yes" before receiving ITA. I had only created a profile before and never received an ITA for it. So I figured out that the answer to this question is "No". So, is it oki if I change it now and explain about it in my LOE ? Please guide.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
If you never received an ITA, you didn't apply - you simply created a profile and entered the Express Entry pool. Your answer should be "No". You can mention your mistake in your LOE.

If you do say "Yes", it will ask your for your UCI number, which is only generated once people actually apply.

Reactions: varnapremraj

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
its not only for EE,, its for any purpose.. visitor work permit anything,.,because your UCI would have been generated. They just want to keep all in sync and it helps in your processing,

For example my work permit was issued recently , so my application work related checks they already have done you know

varnapremraj

Jun 18, 2018
If you never received an ITA, you didn't apply - you simply created a profile and entered the Express Entry pool. Your answer should be "No". You can mention your mistake in your LOE.

If you do say "Yes", it will ask your for your UCI number, which is only generated once people actually apply.
Okay thanks :)

varnapremraj

Jun 18, 2018
its not only for EE,, its for any purpose.. visitor work permit anything,.,because your UCI would have been generated. They just want to keep all in sync and it helps in your processing,

For example my work permit was issued recently , so my application work related checks they already have done you know
Okay got it :) I didn't apply for any permits/visas before... my only application with IRCC is EE ... so for the previous profile ..I just entered the pool... and later on my profile was updated as ineligible due to some changes I made in the profile. So i never had a UCI number before.... so now by mistake I answered "yes" for that question. So it would be ok if I correct it now and explain the same in my LOE right ?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Okay got it :) I didn't apply for any permits/visas before... my only application with IRCC is EE ... so for the previous profile ..I just entered the pool... and later on my profile was updated as ineligible due to some changes I made in the profile. So i never had a UCI number before.... so now by mistake I answered "yes" for that question. So it would be ok if I correct it now and explain the same in my LOE right ?
dude,, thats not a compulsory question to be frank.. you can make it no anytime before eAOR. any question which does not have impact on CRS.. you dont need LOE etc,

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Just correct it. No need to explain anything.

Reactions: varnapremraj

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?
You should say "Yes" and include your UCI number. There's no point in hiding this information as they will find out anyway (plus there's a question if you were ever rejected a visa).

It won't create any issues, assuming they didn't explicitly tell you not to apply again anymore to IRCC.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
You should say "Yes" and include your UCI number. There's no point in hiding this information as they will find out anyway (plus there's a question if you were ever rejected a visa).

It won't create any issues, assuming they didn't explicitly tell you not to apply again anymore to IRCC.

Thanks for the advise.

Also - plus there's a question if you were ever rejected a visa - - should the visa rejection be supported with a LOE?

venkuus

Sep 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Don't know
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-02-2021
AOR Received.
01-04-2021
IELTS Request
13-09-2020
Med's Done....
17-02-2021

I'm on work permit and planning to apply for PR under CEC after I get 1year experience.
1. My question is, if I mention my UCI number do they verify my employment details again from scratch or only latest employment after I got the work permit?
2. Just wondering, do they really do background check n the documents we submit before issuing work permit visa?

Thanks
Venkatesh

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I'm on work permit and planning to apply for PR under CEC after I get 1year experience.
1. My question is, if I mention my UCI number do they verify my employment details again from scratch or only latest employment after I got the work permit?
2. Just wondering, do they really do background check n the documents we submit before issuing work permit visa?

Thanks
Venkatesh
1. Yes they do... but still its faster.. You don have to put UCI number they will find it out.
2. Ohh yeaa they do...criminal is must...just depend son officer... sometimes they do reach out to ur HR