+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
has anyone secured the FSE Visa without IELTS? that sort of assumes that even without it you're well over the passmark...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Yeah, that's what I thought. I have 57 points without an IELTS which i know is more than enough to qualify but i'm just wondering if it's worth the time, effort and expense of taking the IELTS to get that number up higher...

I'm anxioust to get the ball rolling and even though I've been trying for this for years I'm a tad impatient! (i also suck at exams, the written paper is terrifying!)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah, that's what I thought. I have 57 points without an IELTS which i know is more than enough to qualify but i'm just wondering if it's worth the time, effort and expense of taking the IELTS to get that number up higher...

I'm anxioust to get the ball rolling and even though I've been trying for this for years I'm a tad impatient! (i also suck at exams, the written paper is terrifying!)
A higher number won't really make a difference. You just need 35 points.

Once you have 35 points, you qualify, and then the rest of your application is based on a positive answer to the question " Does the person intend and will he be able to become self-employed in Canada in the arts or athletics?"

If the IELTS score is somehow germane to your profession (maybe you're a drama teacher/speech coach/scriptwriter? I don't know.. but you get the idea), then it may be worth taking it.

Reactions: theguv

pintuthakkar

Apr 22, 2015
So, if you know anyone got Self Employed Visa without IELTS? I think we should have it in our profile. 35 points is fine but maybe the officer will see the big picture. He might see how serious we are for our profession, future and work in Canada. I will give IELTS in this month-end, with a score of 7 or 7.5, I might get a total of 87 to 92 points overall. Think over it.