+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone sponsored their parents along with disabled sibling

kulsumsamad91

Jan 20, 2021
Hi

I am planning to sponsor my mom(widow). I have sister, age 28, disabled(polio). She is mentally fit. My sister is dependent on my mom for everyday work.

Now, If I sponsor my mom, my understanding is my sister will also be included in it. Is it true? does the application forms for sponsoring parents has a option to add dependents of parents?

Is there anyone in the same situation?

Any help appreciated.
Have you found the answer to this?

kulsumsamad91

Jan 20, 2021
It is possible you will be able to sponsor your mother and your sister. People have succeeded in spite of a disability or illness. The visa officer looks at the likely cost to the Canadian government per year if the person with a disability is allowed to immigrate. People often write up a plan showing how they will deal with the disability without using an excessive amount of government services.
Have you found an answer to this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about super Visa? Is it possible for me to get my parents and disabled sister here on a super Visa?
Unfortunately this is not possible. Only parents can come on a super visa. Your siblings would need to apply for a regular TRV.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you found the answer to this?
You can include a sibling that is 22 years old or older in the application provided they are fully dependent on your parents due to a mental or physical disability. IRCC will sometimes refuse these applications if they believe the sibling will create a burden on health care systems. But you can certainly give it a go.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hello everyone

I want to ask question for my friend. She is Canadian Citizen and her spouse is PR.
She meets the income requirement for last 3-4 years.
She wants to sponsor her mother and her brother who is adult but disabled and dependant on her mother.
How she should proceed? Any insights on this matter will be appreciated.
Any progress in your case ? I have adult sister with low IQ. Checking with lawyers. Tells 10k fee for appeal if visa refused, money is not a priority in this situation but still chances are 50/50 they say.

Oct 30, 2022
Hi there,

Any update on this matter? Has anyone successfully sponsored both their parent and an adult dependent child with disabilities to come to Canada?

If yes, what was the outcome? did you apply for PR or for super visa for the parent and TRV for the disabled sible?

how long did the process take?

how did you deal with the excessive medical expenses related issues?

Thank you - planning to apply for Supervisa for a parent in 2023, and then PR in 2024 for parent and disabled dependent sibling.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

Any update on this matter? Has anyone successfully sponsored both their parent and an adult dependent child with disabilities to come to Canada?

If yes, what was the outcome? did you apply for PR or for super visa for the parent and TRV for the disabled sible?

Thank you - planning to apply for Supervisa for a parent in 2023, and then PR in 2024 for parent and disabled dependent sibling.
Only parents can apply for a super visa. So the sibiling would need to apply for a regular TRV. Some people have been successful in doing this and some haven't. The challenges are that a TRV only allows a short term stay (vs. the super visa). Also, for a TRV to be approved, the applicant generally needs to show strong ties to their home country which can be quite challenging to do for someone who has a disability. But certainly worth trying.

A bit of a similar answer for PR. Some are successful and some aren't. You have to prove the sibling is fully dependent on the parents. But at the same time, if the medical condition / disability is too serious, this can result in a refusal of the PR application for excessive burden / medical inadmissibility. For the PR application, likely your best bet is to work with an immigration lawyer. To answer your question regarding excessive demand, you must prove the care the sibling needs falls under the threshold allowed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

When you say PR in 2024, you mean you are in the pool now and waiting to be selected. The PGP pool has not been open to new profiles since 2020, and every indication that IRCC is going to select only from the 2020 for a few more years. It is a lottery so it could be years to be selected or never be selected. Sibling has to be medically admissable to Canada.