+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone received an email about How to FInd a Job in Canada almost 2 months after submitting?

Ririles

Aug 20, 2017
Hello, I got an email stating i have an update in my profile. When i checked it was a How to find a Job in Canada message, which pretty much stated :
"Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.
You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent
resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding
a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience."

It also went on to say that some jobs in Canada are regulated and requires on the job training and licensing. I'm a Border Security Officer in my country so I'm wondering if that is why the message was sent. I understand i will have to do be retrained etc if i plan to go in that field.

I would like to know if anyone else got such an email and if it has a different meaning that my interpretation.
After receiving that email the additional documents section changed to We do not need additional documents. My background is at NA and i have no seen where it has ever changed to Your background has started and we will contact you if we need more information.

AOR Sept 11
Additional Doc Request- Travel History Sept 19
Resubmitted Sept 21
Medical Passed Sept 22

Reactions: shuttlespace

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the same How to find a job in Canada message in my account about 2 weeks ago now. Just before I had been asked to re submit one of my Police certificates as regulations just changed.

AOR 29 August
Medicals passed
No additional documents required
We will send you a message once we start your background check

I don't think it has anything to do with your position as my NOC is 1223.

Akirahin1979

Jun 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
Hello, I got an email stating i have an update in my profile. When i checked it was a How to find a Job in Canada message, which pretty much stated :
"Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.
You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent
resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding
a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience."

It also went on to say that some jobs in Canada are regulated and requires on the job training and licensing. I'm a Border Security Officer in my country so I'm wondering if that is why the message was sent. I understand i will have to do be retrained etc if i plan to go in that field.

I would like to know if anyone else got such an email and if it has a different meaning that my interpretation.
After receiving that email the additional documents section changed to We do not need additional documents. My background is at NA and i have no seen where it has ever changed to Your background has started and we will contact you if we need more information.

AOR Sept 11
Additional Doc Request- Travel History Sept 19
Resubmitted Sept 21
Medical Passed Sept 22
Hi, I got the same message yesterday. I am FSW-O AOR- Sep-25 and waiting since 26/10 at N/A. Is this a good sign? have you had any change in status since then?

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
After receiving the message, my application was sent to my LVO! It is definitely a good sign, a couple other people also experienced it. The pattern was one day to LVO after receiving such message.

Good luck!

Ririles

Aug 20, 2017
Hi, I got the same message yesterday. I am FSW-O AOR- Sep-25 and waiting since 26/10 at N/A. Is this a good sign? have you had any change in status since then?
No change in BG status. It has been at NA for awhile now. I'm yet to see "BG has started, we'll contact you if we need anything" Just saw BG in progress, we'll message you when we start, then it went back to NA. AOR Sept 11.
After I received the mail, my Additional Docs section changed from "we are reviewing the add. Docs sent" to "We do not need any more add. Docs" I had submitted.
Any changes for you since then?

Ririles

Aug 20, 2017
After receiving the message, my application was sent to my LVO! It is definitely a good sign, a couple other people also experienced it. The pattern was one day to LVO after receiving such message.

Good luck!
Hi, tried researching what LVO means and saw London Visa Office. Is that the same In this case? The only thing that happened to my profile the same time or a couple hours after was the add docs changing from we ate reviewing the add docs to we do not need any more docs. Background dtill

Ririles

Aug 20, 2017
Hi, tried researching what LVO means and saw London Visa Office. Is that the same In this case? The only thing that happened to my profile the same time or a couple hours after was the add docs changing from we ate reviewing the add docs to we do not need any more docs. Background dtill
Bac
I received the same How to find a job in Canada message in my account about 2 weeks ago now. Just before I had been asked to re submit one of my Police certificates as regulations just changed.

AOR 29 August
Medicals passed
No additional documents required
We will send you a message once we start your background check

I don't think it has anything to do with your position as my NOC is 1223.
Hi, any change in your profile since?

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
LVO is basically your Local Visa Office. It can be London, it can be newyork, it can be new dehli.
Depends on your resident status, past visa applications and luck. :)

Akirahin1979

Jun 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
No change in BG status. It has been at NA for awhile now. I'm yet to see "BG has started, we'll contact you if we need anything" Just saw BG in progress, we'll message you when we start, then it went back to NA. AOR Sept 11.
After I received the mail, my Additional Docs section changed from "we are reviewing the add. Docs sent" to "We do not need any more add. Docs" I had submitted.
Any changes for you since then?
No change for me since then except the docs status went to - “we don’t need any more documents”. What’s your category? Mine is FSW-O.

Akirahin1979

Jun 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017

Good luck!
Thanks, no change in status so far. Waiting anxiously!

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
LVO=local visa office. The actual office depends on where the applicant currently resides.

manishgera22

Sep 18, 2014
Hello, I also received this letter saying "Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada." today.
My status is:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

NOC: 2147
My CRS score: 931 (PNP sponsored)
AOR: Oct-5-2017
Requested for Additional info: 9/Nov/2017
Re-submitted: 14/Nov/2017
BG Status changed to "Not Applicable" on 16/Nov/2017
Medical & PCC done before submitting the application

Can anyone suggest what does this letter mean? Any trend in how many days people got a application status changed post receiving this letter?

Ririles

Aug 20, 2017
Thank you all for responding. I eventually got the passport request on March 14. I requested notes after my 5th month ol with no change to profile. Entire process took 6 months and 2 days.

Reactions: shuttlespace