+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone ordered Gcms notes recently?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Your file is still not transferred to your local IRCC office. Your file might be stuck under security clearance and will not be sent to your local office until it's cleared and passed. You should call the helpline and ask about the status of your security clearance and you can also send a request to CBSA to get an update about your security clearance.
Sorry to piggy bank on this conversation, but does in process status mean the file was transferred to the local office?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Sorry to piggy bank on this conversation, but does in process status mean the file was transferred to the local office?
No. It simply means that your background checks including Criminality/police checks & Security Screening as well as any other checks Sydney office deems necessary for your application based on the data they have are started.

Once these are done and completed, only then your file is transferred to local office for eligibility checks, test and oath

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
No. It simply means that your background checks including Criminality/police checks & Security Screening as well as any other checks Sydney office deems necessary for your application based on the data they have are started.

Once these are done and completed, only then your file is transferred to local office for eligibility checks, test and oath
Is thiss information accurate?Is it documented in any IRCC guides? Cause i have steps of the process described and there seems to be conflicting info.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Your file is still not transferred to your local IRCC office. Your file might be stuck under security clearance and will not be sent to your local office until it's cleared and passed. You should call the helpline and ask about the status of your security clearance and you can also send a request to CBSA to get an update about your security clearance.

Is thiss information accurate?Is it documented in any IRCC guides? Cause i have steps of the process described and there seems to be conflicting info.
I don't think this is entirely accurate.

The IRCC website says otherwise.

When you check your ECAS, click your status and after that, click the type of application (for example, Citizenship Grant). You'll see the following information for In Process :

IN PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office closest to your home for processing.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada officials will complete the necessary steps to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, you will be contacted.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to meet the knowledge and language requirements for citizenship. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Adult applicants who are 55 years old or older are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship officer or citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.
Also, the process I discussed here is different from what @rafzy is posting. I made that post by referring to several other posts and the generally accepted information out there.

IRCC Sydney isn't usually responsible for BG checks. CPC-Sydney might initiate these checks but they don't wait until the results are back. They initiate these checks and transfer the file to the local office (and set the status to "In Process") after which the local office is responsible for processing.

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my GCMS notes it shows Office as Scarborough Citizenship Operation. Does that not mean its in Scarborough office?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Well this is as per my discussion with IRCC agent and as per notes for my application ... My background checks were initiated and my file was only transferred to local office once those checks were completed. So, I am going to assume that file is transferred once the background checks are completed.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
How does one order a GCMS note? The page I went one asking for a File number, which I do not have.
Well you need file number to order your GCMS notes. If your file is already in process, you can call helping and ask them for your file number

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC

I just received my notes (applied for GCMS notes on 02/22/2021) and even though I applied for my citizenship in November 2019, this is what my status is!! So far I only passed criminality! This is such a joke! How do we sue CIC? :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: Das67 and EUK

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I just received my notes (applied for GCMS notes on 02/22/2021) and even though I applied for my citizenship in November 2019, this is what my status is!! So far I only passed criminality! This is such a joke! How do we sue CIC? :mad:
I have the exact same status. I applied on July 2019 and from Scarborough

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015

try looking for security checks and our file transfer date ... also look for date your test is supposed to be scheduled for ...

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
My file was transferred by CPC Sydney to Montreal office in November 2020 but was received by Montreal office in February. Does it really take that long to transfer the file?

Also under location, it says Post March 2020 - Exam. Does anyone know what does this mean?