+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone ordered Gcms notes recently?

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Got my GCMS notes today and status is File in transfer- Reason TRF eligibility. Any clue what this means?
I searched in the forum , they are talking about Test Report Form (TRF) Number which is related to IELTS
generally it will be at the right bottom of your certificate.

Lets wait for others comments.

I received my gcm notes on Dec 14th . And my file is transferred to local office on 16th Dec. So not much update. At that moment still BC checks are going on .

When I talked to IRCC today morning, they told my BC checks are almost done.
Looks like it took almost 111 days to complete my BC check from In process state

Last edited:
Reactions: sookie85

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
I searched in the forum , they are talking about Test Report Form (TRF) Number which is related to IELTS

I received my gcm notes on Dec 14th . And my file is transferred to local office on 16th Dec. So not much update. At that moment still BC checks are going on .

Looks like it took almost 111 days to complete my BC check from In process state
Your suggestion makes sense. My IELTS certificate has already expired, I used the same one I submitted for FSW stream almost 4 years ago. My back check due date is 02/03/2021, and it has started since Dec. 18th.

Reactions: O'canada

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Any 2020 applicants tried to get their GCMS notes? I sent my application in June 2020, AOR received on November 23 2020, so wondering if it would be useful in my case? Moreover, does this affect the application in any way?

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Any 2020 applicants tried to get their GCMS notes? I sent my application in June 2020, AOR received on November 23 2020, so wondering if it would be useful in my case? Moreover, does this affect the application in any way?
Hi,

It will give you an insight at what stage you are at. I ordered mine on December 28th and received them just today. It does not affect your application, you have every right to know what is going on.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi,

It will give you an insight at what stage you are at. I ordered mine on December 28th and received them just today. It does not affect your application, you have every right to know what is going on.
Got it. I feel like I should wait 1 more month to see anything significant on my GCMS report.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

Your suggestion makes sense. My IELTS certificate has already expired, I used the same one I submitted for FSW stream almost 4 years ago. My back check due date is 02/03/2021, and it has started since Dec. 18th.
I don't know if this is helpful but I also found TFR-Eligibility on my GCMS notes. I had sent in my citizenship application in September 2019 and it's been in process since December 2019 with no test invites. In my case, I sent my IELTS grade (which should have expired in November 2019 I guess, I took it in 2015) as well as my Canadian university diploma. So TFR Eligibility shows under the "Status History" section. Under the language section, I see that they're using my diploma as opposed to the IELTS. But my case is a lost cause. My office is in Halifax. I believe they're still not back to work (at least not at their offices) and from what I can make out from the notes, all the due dates have passed and that I have been test ready since January 2020. However, it says that Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibition (which I don't really know what it is) have not been started and that I have passed Criminality. So I have not much hope left for myself but if you have any questions I can check my notes again to see if I can help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I don't know if this is helpful but I also found TFR-Eligibility on my GCMS notes. I had sent in my citizenship application in September 2019 and it's been in process since December 2019 with no test invites. In my case, I sent my IELTS grade (which should have expired in November 2019 I guess, I took it in 2015) as well as my Canadian university diploma. So TFR Eligibility shows under the "Status History" section. Under the language section, I see that they're using my diploma as opposed to the IELTS. But my case is a lost cause. My office is in Halifax. I believe they're still not back to work (at least not at their offices) and from what I can make out from the notes, all the due dates have passed and that I have been test ready since January 2020. However, it says that Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibition (which I don't really know what it is) have not been started and that I have passed Criminality. So I have not much hope left for myself but if you have any questions I can check my notes again to see if I can help.
One applicant who lives in Halifax received their oath invite today. (Oct 2019 applicant). So, that would suggest the office is not actually closed.

PS : The validity of IELTS is 2 years only. So, if you took the test in 2015, the text expires in 2017. But expired TRF (IELTS - General) is still a perfectly valid document for language proof as far as the citizenship application is concerned.

Have you tried sending a status inquiry through webform to them or calling them about the status of your application? If not, you should definitely give that a try.

I hope you see some good progress on your application soon! Good luck!

Last edited:

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
One applicant who lives in Halifax received their oath invite today. (Oct 2019 applicant). So, that would suggest the office is not actually closed.

PS : The validity of IELTS is 2 years only. So, if you took the test in 2015, the text expires in 2017. But expired TRF (IELTS - General) is still a perfectly valid document for language proof as far as the citizenship application is concerned.

Have you tried sending a status inquiry through webform to them or calling them about the status of your application? If not, you should definitely give that a try.

I hope you see some good progress on your application soon! Good luck!
Thank you so much! I had missed that message about someone from Halifax getting their Oath invite so that's definitely a glimmer of hope. I contacted IRCC last in December 2020 and they had no further information that they could provide me. I have contacted our MP and his office had told me that Halifax office wasn't working fully yet. For some reason they weren't able to give me any further information about my case. I haven't sent an inquiry using webform though, so maybe I could try that. Do you think the webform is better than a call? I just haven't gotten any useful information in the calls.

I know there are people out there who have applied long before I have and have been waiting for far too long. I just naively thought that my case might be an easy one, I got my undergrad here, I've been working here continuously for 7.5 years now and paying taxes, and I'm married to a Canadian, which clearly doesn't help in my case as he is so much more disappointed than I am seeing how IRCC works :D

Thanks again. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much! I had missed that message about someone from Halifax getting their Oath invite so that's definitely a glimmer of hope. I contacted IRCC last in December 2020 and they had no further information that they could provide me. I have contacted our MP and his office had told me that Halifax office wasn't working fully yet. For some reason they weren't able to give me any further information about my case. I haven't sent an inquiry using webform though, so maybe I could try that. Do you think the webform is better than a call? I just haven't gotten any useful information in the calls.

I know there are people out there who have applied long before I have and have been waiting for far too long. I just naively thought that my case might be an easy one, I got my undergrad here, I've been working here continuously for 7.5 years now and paying taxes, and I'm married to a Canadian, which clearly doesn't help in my case as he is so much more disappointed than I am seeing how IRCC works :D

Thanks again. Good luck everyone!
Not sure if the webform will be more effective or not but since you've been waiting for long, doesn't hurt to try.

Wish you the best!

Reactions: zeyzey6

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys, just a quick question, happened to notice in my gcms notes that there was a mistake from ircc side, they wrote the wrong country name for when i took vacation in physical presence calculator.
i am 100% sure i wrote the right country name where i flew to so its definitely a mistake from ircc side. i sent a webform almost 3 weeks ago but no reply so far. should i call them as well ? whats the ideal wait time for webform response?

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Any idea what the time line is for a request for GSMC notes? I sent my request for my gsmc files on the 17th of January. Wasn't sure if they have a timeline to respond to the request.

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
i called IRCC yesterday and they said background checks are in process. what do they check in background checks ...does anyone know?

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I applied for notes and got this reply:

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on May 18, 2021.

Should I have applied under privacy act?

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I sent for my GSMC notes on January 18, 2021 and still waiting. When I sent my request for them I received a response email shortly afterwards that had my temporary file number in the email. Today I sent another email to the address in that email I was sent asking for a reason why I have not received the files.
So here I go again, sitting here waiting for the government to respond.