+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has Anyone Here Reapplied For Spousal Sponsorship and Were Approved The Second Time?

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
My friend directed me to this forum for help with questions about whether to reapply or appeal. It seems most people appeal and don't even bother reapplying. I understood it you appealed and lost you could never appeal again to sponsor your spouse. Do most people win appeals?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
My friend directed me to this forum for help with questions about whether to reapply or appeal. It seems most people appeal and don't even bother reapplying. I understood it you appealed and lost you could never appeal again to sponsor your spouse. Do most people win appeals?
You gotta elaborate your situation a bit more, in order to having any of us to help you.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
You gotta elaborate your situation a bit more, in order to having any of us to help you.
I recently received a copy of refusal letter which states the reasons were lack of interdependence, age gap (I am 8 years older) and not enough visits. I would think reapplying and fixing the interdependence and visits would be what I should do, but the Visa office is Rabat and they have a lot of refusals due to "not a genuine marriage" - so I don't know if it is a waste of time reapplying if they will probably just say the same thing next time.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I recently received a copy of refusal letter which states the reasons were lack of interdependence, age gap (I am 8 years older) and not enough visits. I would think reapplying and fixing the interdependence and visits would be what I should do, but the Visa office is Rabat and they have a lot of refusals due to "not a genuine marriage" - so I don't know if it is a waste of time reapplying if they will probably just say the same thing next time.
Well, in that case, you should appeal instead of reapply. Even you think about reapplying, you still need to take time to build up more strong evidences to support your case, couple more visits or couple more months staying with your husband won't help in any way, especially if it would all happening in a short period (let's say less than a year), before you reapply. Reapply, right after refusal, only works if the refusal is based on minor errors or concerns, such as missed some info on application or some significant changes occurred in your life that will strongly support your case (being pregnant or even having a child, sometimes won't be considered an automatic fix of your situation). Anyhow, in order to making a reapply work, you still need at least year or two to accumulate more evidences, and an appeal will probably take the same time frame to wait a hearing date, and you can still use the waiting time to build you case. But to appeal, at least on its surface, you are telling CIC that they made a wrong decision. Ultimately, the decision is yours.

Reactions: Angeldust

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
And in order to having an appeal, you need to file it within 30 days, when you receive your official refusal letter. After 30 days, you cannot file an appeal anymore, then the only option for you is to reapply.

Reactions: Angeldust

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
The reason I thought I maybe should reapply is because I understood that the judge could only look at what you showed the visa officer in order to overturn her decision - so if I get new information (proof of financial interdependence such as life insurance, credit card in both our names etcetera) - the judge will not take it into consideration as the visa officer did not have that information - so it wouldn't count. I understood the judge would only consider more time you spent with your spouse, but any new information that wasn't presented to the visa officer at the time of refusal would not be considered because they can only base their decision on what the visa officer had to make their decision to refuse you. Is that not true?

Seraphena

Sep 13, 2016

If it were me I would reapply, but it is your decision. An appeal takes a long time and if you don't win, you can never appeal again. I know Rabat is tough, but I was approved on the first application with a 12 year age gap. In my opinion it depends on submitting a good application and the visa officer you get. Unfortunately, the visa officer assigned to your file is out of your control. If you honestly think you didn't submit the best application you could have, and the refusal letter explains what they want - it may be best to reapply. Again, in the end the choice is yours. Good luck!:)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What is your relationship timeline? When and how did you meet? How many times have you visited and for how long? When did you get married? Do you have the same culture, religion, speak the same language? How old are each of you?