+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone got there PR approved since covid-19

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
Hi,
Please has anyone got there PR approved since the pandemic? My application is well into the 13th month now. The update I'm getting is they aren't working at full capacity due to the pandemic but the lockdown and stay at home started in March by which time my application was 10 months old. That's 4 months over the normal processing time. Unfortunately my Visa office is Accra but I don't expect covid-19 to be an excuse for the delay. I'm just tired and I'm thinking if I should withdraw the application all together.

nirushanraj

Oct 5, 2019
Hi,
Please has anyone got there PR approved since the pandemic? My application is well into the 13th month now. The update I'm getting is they aren't working at full capacity due to the pandemic but the lockdown and stay at home started in March by which time my application was 10 months old. That's 4 months over the normal processing time. Unfortunately my Visa office is Accra but I don't expect covid-19 to be an excuse for the delay. I'm just tired and I'm thinking if I should withdraw the application all together.
sorry to hear about it. Have you tried finding out what seems to be the issue?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Yes, people have been approved since the pandemic started. It's not unusual for applications to take longer than a year to process.

You can certainly withdraw your application.

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
Yes, people have been approved since the pandemic started. It's not unusual for applications to take longer than a year to process.

You can certainly withdraw your application.
Thanks but showing a little empathy will be nice

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
if its the 13th month, your application is probably under review. nothing covid related as restrictions started only 2 months ago.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No point withdrawing, let it play out and see what the result is.

You are likely close to receiving PPR but offices are not up and running yet, so it's in the pipeline but they just need to go through all the formalities and procedures in order to issue it.

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
No point withdrawing, let it play out and see what the result is.

You are likely close to receiving PPR but offices are not up and running yet, so it's in the pipeline but they just need to go through all the formalities and procedures in order to issue it.
Thank you.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You can always ask for a status update on your application.

Ask what procedures have been completeed.

Has your eligibility been met? Are your background checks completed?

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
You can always ask for a status update on your application.

Ask what procedures have been completeed.

Has your eligibility been met? Are your background checks completed?
Last update was that criminality check was valid but security check had not yet been initiated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Has your elligibility been met? This is the biggest concern, if it's been met then you're pretty much just waiting for them to complete their formalities.

If that's under review, it could explain the delay in your application.

But truth be told, there are just people who have their applications take longer to be processed.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
Accra? You've got nothing to worry about. They are a notorious snail when it comes to processing applications. I've got chaps who's been waiting for more than 1year (even before the covid 19 mess). You will need to go have a lot of patience but in the end, it will end in praise.