+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone got a letter of support from Chris Alexander office?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has got a letter of support from their constituency MP (in this case Chris Alexander)? I am asking the question because he is the minister of immigration and I am wondering if the laws bar him from providing such letter or not?

Thanks,

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
I have a friend who is an MP on the east coast of Canada and he wrote us a letter of support for our visa, and we got approved! Not sure how much impact his involvement had but I'm sure it mattered! :)
Your case is a bit more specific as he is the immigration minister, like you said there could be a conflict of interest. Just call his office, in my case, they were super helpful when I contacted them!

Reactions: waipm2000

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
CaroM8 said:
I have a friend who is an MP on the east coast of Canada and he wrote us a letter of support for our visa, and we got approved! Not sure how much impact his involvement had but I'm sure it mattered! :)
Your case is a bit more specific as he is the immigration minister, like you said there could be a conflict of interest. Just call his office, in my case, they were super helpful when I contacted them!
They "kind of" refused on basis that it's a conflict of interest...I mean what about the constituency duties?

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi

Can you please send me the sample of support letter, my local MP is ready to do a letter for me but I need to draft it myself, he will sign it. I am applying for my wife's visitor visa.

Please help me and Thank you
waipm

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Can you please send me the sample of support letter, my local MP is ready to do a letter for me but I need to draft it myself, he will sign it. I am applying for my wife's visitor visa.

waipm
A letter from an MP means nothing.

Reactions: scylla

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
I got a letter from my MP for our second attempt for my girlfriends visitor visa (she was refused on her first application). With the letter she was approved, however I don't know how much it actually impacted her application. But interestingly enough, the letter from my MP was mentioned in the GCMS notes for her application.Maybe it had an small impact? No one will never know for sure. But as Canuck was saying, it probably won't make a difference if you can't address the reasons for refusal. That should be your main focus.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Hi

waipm
Well, our support letter from this MP was very personal, as he is a friend of mine. So he talked about our relationship, how long we've known each other and why he was supporting my husband coming to Canada.. know what I mean? It wasn't just a general letter from any MP. It was more of a character reference from a friend.. who happens to be an MP :p

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Well, our support letter from this MP was very personal, as he is a friend of mine. So he talked about our relationship, how long we've known each other and why he was supporting my husband coming to Canada.. know what I mean? It wasn't just a general letter from any MP. It was more of a character reference from a friend.. who happens to be an MP :p
Alright

can you please remove your names and send me some general lines please ? becasue my MP is also a friend and know me for a long time that is why he asked me to make a draft and he will sign.

Please help me

thank you
waipm