+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone done biometrics in the VFS of Ecuador?

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Has anyone done their biometrics in Quito (Ecuador) recently? I'm wondering if anyone from South America went there for biometrics since most of the VFS/VACs in South America are currently closed. I'm planning to fly there for mine.

I doubt that VACs in Brazil will reopen this year still. Plus, the Brazilian IRCC offices have a huge backlog of more than 2000 applications. So, the best-case scenario would take several weeks to collect the biometrics of all these people once the VACs are open.

---

( 5 VACs * 16 slots each day * 5 days * 5 weeks) = 2000 biometrics

Nov 16, 2020
Has anyone done their biometrics in Quito (Ecuador) recently? I'm wondering if anyone from South America went there for biometrics since most of the VFS/VACs in South America are currently closed. I'm planning to fly there for mine.

I doubt that VACs in Brazil will reopen this year still. Plus, the Brazilian IRCC offices have a huge backlog of more than 2000 applications. So, the best-case scenario would take several weeks to collect the biometrics of all these people once the VACs are open.

---

( 5 VACs * 16 slots each day * 5 days * 5 weeks) = 2000 biometrics
Hello Jaime, I’m also planning to go to Quito, do your know if they send the passports back to Brazil?

Nov 17, 2020
I gave my biometric in Quito last Friday. Didn't have any trouble at all. They said that there's a lot of people coming from lots of countries to give their biometric over there.

patric__

Nov 24, 2020
Hi @lucasbordignon and @jaimedantas did/will you send your passport to Brasil once biometric is approved? Did they say how long it takes between biometrics collection and final approval?
And how did you manage to schedule biometrics in Quito? Is one day enough? Thanks

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi @lucasbordignon and @jaimedantas did/will you send your passport to Brasil once biometric is approved? Did they say how long it takes between biometrics collection and final approval?
And how did you manage to schedule biometrics in Quito? Is one day enough? Thanks
We can send the passport to the Brazilian VAC. Nobody knows how long the final approval will take. The appointment takes like 5 minutes or so. I scheduled 3 weeks before coming to Quito. Also, I stayed in Quito for 4 days just for safety (due to the covid PCR tests we have to do). Anyway, VACs in Brazil are not reopening anytime soon.

Reactions: patric__

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
I've completed my biometrics in Quito last Tuesday. The whole process took less than 10 minutes, and it was really easy. My profile already updated to "Biometrics Completed".

Good luck to those who are doing their biometrics abroad!

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018

patric__

Nov 24, 2020
Thank you for your responses @jaimedantas ! Did you or @lucasbordignon get any update on when you will be able to get your visa? The Sao Paulo VAC says that although we are allowed to collect biometrics anywhere, this might not speed up the process. I am concerned regarding the great value on tickets I will have to pay.

The usual processing time is ~8 weeks after you collect biometrics
Thank you.

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Thank you for your responses @jaimedantas ! Did you or @lucasbordignon get any update on when you will be able to get your visa? The Sao Paulo VAC says that although we are allowed to collect biometrics anywhere, this might not speed up the process. I am concerned regarding the great value on tickets I will have to pay.

The usual processing time is ~8 weeks after you collect biometrics
Thank you.
Nobody knows! It's a huge gamble!