+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone been diagnosed with sarcoidosis and got their visa?

AML88

Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone.
I had my xrays taken in may 2016, apparently there were spots on my lungs. They suspected TB, but after further tests including lung endoscopy and biopsy. It turned out to be sarcoidosis. It's non symptomatic and it doesn't affect my ability to work.
Does anyone have any idea about if they could reject my visa application over this?
Thanks.

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
Please mention beforehand, if you didn't mention they are going to waste your time diagnosing and testing it, as it is not contagious and rarely require treatment, this was told to me by physician.

Reactions: manoj1986

manoj1986

Jun 26, 2021
Please mention beforehand, if you didn't mention they are going to waste your time diagnosing and testing it, as it is not contagious and rarely require treatment, this was told to me by physician.
Thanks In my case first it was identified during visa medical. The panel physician thought it is TB so they started Sputum Culture test whose report is supposed to come after 8 weeks. Meantime, I did lots of other tests including CT scan, Lungs Biopsy and TB, Cancer ruled out. But found Sarcoidsis stage 1 which requires no treatment.

Now I am waiting for the sputum report. Once it comes, the panel physician will call me again for further testing. I will produce all reports to them at that time beforehand.

However I am not sure if they accept reports from outside or not. But testing like lungs biopsy I am not going to do again for sure as it is painful.