+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any had their 1 Year PGD from Virtual University (Pakistan) evaluated by WES?

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello, I just wanted to ask, since VU no longer offers PGD, they changed the name to just "Diploma", will that be equal to "two or more degrees/certificates"? The criteria for admission is the same as PGD, also the courses and duration of the diploma is the same as PGD (1 Year).
Yes! (as discussed with the university's administration, same course, same criteria, same credits, just changed the name)

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi, has anyone received PR based on the basis of these points earned (Bachelors + PGD)?
Getting PR isn't solely based on obtaining points from these educational qualifications. Doing PGD with 4 years bachelors does boost your CRS by 33 points but still, it depends on the number of factors and the program you have enrolled for to secure a PR.

hammadmalik96

May 16, 2021
Getting PR isn't solely based on obtaining points from these educational qualifications. Doing PGD with 4 years bachelors does boost your CRS by 33 points but still, it depends on the number of factors and the program you have enrolled for to secure a PR.
I am already half way through a PGD in IT to boost my points as other factor are okay (age/work experience etc). Can i get 33 marks on bases of this degree:?

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
I am already half way through a PGD in IT to boost my points as other factor are okay (age/work experience etc). Can i get 33 marks on bases of this degree:?
Once you complete the degree, get it accredited, submit the accreditation report in the immigration portal, only then you will get the points.

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Yes! (as discussed with the university's administration, same course, same criteria, same credits, just changed the name)
Hi, just wanted to confirm, a year later, that you were right, I completed my Diploma from VU (in HR), and got the assessment from IQAS. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Sam_4321

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hi, just wanted to confirm, a year later, that you were right, I completed my Diploma from VU (in HR), and got the assessment from IQAS. Thanks for the help!
I'm glad, it happened, and subsequently, keeping ppl appraised of developments.

Thumbs up! It helps the ones following you or looking for guidance and seeking answers to the same questions.

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
Do we need to send Matric Inter docs also to WES? I am getting my sister’s graduation evaluated through WES and see on their website we need to send only grad docs. Previously I had to send Matric inter too for my case.

Ali Waheed

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Here are my two cents on this. We won't know until late next year or probably until 2022 whether "VU Diploma" will get us two or more certificates or to put it in another terms, recognised by WES. The reason for this is simple. No one before has opted for "VU Diploma" to increase their CRS points for Canadian Immigration. This only became the option when VU discontinued PGD this very year (2020). So I believe it is of no use to ask this question at this moment.
If you are someone like me who can not wait almost 2 years just to get confirmation on this, here is a better question,

The better question to ask would be, what other alternatives are there to VU PGD, that people had actually opted for before and had it verified from WES, IQAS etc.

I am still looking for this answer as I do not want to opt for a Master's Degree in Pakistan for the following reasons:
1 - The point difference in Master's Degree and Two or more certificates is not that significant in my opinion. (just 7 points difference)
2 - It is hard for people with permanent jobs to pursue Master's without quitting the job. (Trust me I have tried to juggle both for one semester)
3 - Even if you somehow do the 2 year Master's, you don't even know whether it will be recognised as equivalent to 2 years Canadian Master's. (a lot can change in 2 years; also I know people who got equivalency to Canadian Master's and others with SAME UNIVERSITY and SAME DEGREE not get it)
4 - It takes 2 freakin' years......

I think this is a very important discussion that will dictate the future of so many of us. So please if someone knows anything on this, or knows any similar thread with good answers please share it with us.
Well, I completed VU Diploma in Entrepreneurship & SME Management, I got the following assessment from IQAS,

"The Diploma generally compares to the completion of a post-secondary Certificate with a focus in entrepreneurship and sme management"

I also got two or more degrees points with this assessment. (I had 4 year bachelor as well)