+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any former refugee claimant (who entered Canada from US) or H& C permanent resident successfully obtained a US visa and visited the US?

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Wow, I'm so happy for you, I'm going to do thesame. How long did it take to get an appointment please, I will be coming to you guidance o. Congratulations again
Thank you!. The appointment took a while as we initially didnt even get any dates before July 2023. But we kept checking day and night. Sometimes spots open up. Then we got January 2023, then we finally got July 2022. People cancel sometimes but you just have to keep checking! Good luck! I hope you get your visa.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
This very interesting, Did you apply for Asylum in the US before coming to Canada to apply for Asylum? Because I did ask for Asylum in US in the past before coming to Canada to do the same. Was it this 2020 health care pathway that you got your PR from? I have my Asylum accepted since November 2019 and I applied for PR since January 2020 still waiting for PR.
No, I did not apply for asylum in the US, I only stayed there for ten days before coming into Canada. But that was my second US visa. I got PR through the 2020 healthcare pathway. I hope your PR comes through soon!

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
No, I did not apply for asylum in the US, I only stayed there for ten days before coming into Canada. But that was my second US visa. I got PR through the 2020 healthcare pathway. I hope your PR comes through soon!
Thanks and God bless