+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hard situation, Question

tsuhao

Star Member
Dec 29, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am facing a difficult situation. I graduated from University recently. I was planning getting the citizenship nearly my graduation, but its not. I don't even have my test yet.

I apply the jobs for ITs and web design stuff, however, when I tell the job interviewer the truth that after I grant the citizenship, I have to go back to my native country for 1 year duty.

Its kind of the reason that its really hard to get a full-time job for me, because they don't want to train a person and then he might left.

I already wait for 23 month, and after May, it will be my 24th. I suppose I can have my test really soon.

Question 1.

Is there any way that I can have my test sooner and speed up the process for waiting the oath?

Question 2.

Should I telling the interviewer my situation after the test? Does that help?

Thank you.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsuhao said:
Hi everyone,

I am facing a difficult situation. I graduated from University recently. I was planning getting the citizenship nearly my graduation, but its not. I don't even have my test yet.

I apply the jobs for ITs and web design stuff, however, when I tell the job interviewer the truth that after I grant the citizenship, I have to go back to my native country for 1 year duty.

Its kind of the reason that its really hard to get a full-time job for me, because they don't want to train a person and then he might left.

I already wait for 23 month, and after May, it will be my 24th. I suppose I can have my test really soon.

Question 1.

Is there any way that I can have my test sooner and speed up the process for waiting the oath?

Question 2.

Thank you.
This definitely raises questions of your commitment to settling in Canada. I understand that most individuals face different circumstances, however you should not expect CIC to sympathize with or make your case a priority because of commitment to your own country. They are under no obligation to consider you, as a matter of fact it could be a liability to your application. You need to understand the essence of taking another country's citizenship. No disrespect it's this kind of naivete that triggers hostility towards immigrants.

tsuhao

Star Member
Dec 29, 2013
MrB said:
This definitely raises questions of your commitment to settling in Canada. I understand that most individuals face different circumstances, however you should not expect CIC to sympathize with or make your case a priority because of commitment to your own country. They are under no obligation to consider you, as a matter of fact it could be a liability to your application. You need to understand the essence of taking another country's citizenship. No disrespect it's this kind of naivete that triggers hostility towards immigrants.
You got a really good point.

Thank you for all repliers.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Since you don't even know when you will get citizenship, what's the point of disclosing your future plan with a prospective employer? It could be another year before you hear from CIC. Why don't you just focus on getting the job? The future plans/trips can be discussed later after you have been offered the job and you have signed the contract. You should always be honest about your skills and work experience, etc but you don't have to tell them your plans.

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsuhao said:
Hi everyone,

Question 1.

Question 2.

Thank you.
1. You could not speed the process
2. Do not tell to the interviewer anything about your future plans, it will not help you, it could have negative impact on your citizenship process. Don't tell anything that you are not asked for.

howtoland

Dec 19, 2011
Observer said:
My advise is to be honest and transparent with the interviewer.
Will the employer be honest and transparent with the employee when they might need to lay off said particular employee one year in advance?