+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Happy Day! 2011 Citizenship Applicant

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Today it has been exactly 3 years since I applied for citizenship. To celebrate I called CIC and they congratulated me and looked forward to hearing from me next on my 4th Anniversary.

Applying for citizenship is not a means to an ends, it is of course an ends in itself. If I couldn't log onto to this forum and talk to this wonderful community about all the good times we have with the CIC what would I do all day?

I really hope that CIC take at least another 3 years to process my application (if they ever process it all)

The saddest part are all the 2013 and 2014 applicants I've seen come and go so quickly after they got their citizenships before I really got to know them.

Oh well I'm sure there will be lots and lots of new people logging on soon.

Thanks for a wonderful 3 years everyone and I look forward to many more!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
I am sorry for what has happened to you. I think its time for you now to consider the Writ of Mandamus and see what options you have legally. CIC could be a really bad bitch sometimes.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
Today it has been exactly 3 years since I applied for citizenship. To celebrate I called CIC and they congratulated me and looked forward to hearing from me next on my 4th Anniversary.

Applying for citizenship is not a means to an ends, it is of course an ends in itself. If I couldn't log onto to this forum and talk to this wonderful community about all the good times we have with the CIC what would I do all day?

I really hope that CIC take at least another 3 years to process my application (if they ever process it all)

The saddest part are all the 2013 and 2014 applicants I've seen come and go so quickly after they got their citizenships before I really got to know them.

this is me.. so be patient...
APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeru said:
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
:eek: So sorry to hear about this and also for the mathlete...

Just wondering what was the reason behind a 2nd RQ?

did you forget to include something may be in your 1st RQ?
or why did they requested it again!! :(

Mary

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
srinivas.vadapalli said:
I am sorry for what has happened to you. I think its time for you now to consider the Writ of Mandamus and see what options you have legally. CIC could be a really bad *censored word* sometimes.
The lawyer I spoke to advised that you can only get a Writ if you have not heard from CIC for 4 years.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
meeru said:
this is me.. so be patient...
APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014.
What you don't see about my app is that I've resided in Canada since 2005. I only applied in 2011 due to a combination of business travel and that I only become a PR in 2009. So really I've been here pretty much my entire adult life.

Funny enough I know this guy that just got landed this year and already got his citizenship...my new born son.

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
Since the processing times published by the CIC refer to 80% of the applications, they might just forget about 20% of the routine applications as well as 20% of the non-routine applications

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
What you don't see about my app is that I've resided in Canada since 2005. I only applied in 2011 due to a combination of business travel and that I only become a PR in 2009. So really I've been here pretty much my entire adult life.

Funny enough I know this guy that just got landed this year and already got his citizenship...my new born son.
Landed in Feb 2002, Moved here in March 2005. In the same boat bro! :)

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:

Why not to withdraw and reapply.. now the cases move really fast

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Michels said:
Why not to withdraw and reapply.. now the cases move really fast
Because a withdrawal of an application is like an auto trigger of a new RQ for the second application. The cycle will go again. After this wait I believe the best thing is to wait. My own opinion.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
The truth is nobody knows, not anyone on this forum and not any lawyer I've spoken to. I plan on waiting until June and then re-applying under the new criteria which was supposed to speed up the application process since you submit verifiable information like tax returns.

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations to all, and looking forward to the final processing of our cases in the coming new year!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:

The issues is that people like CIC spokesman Chris Day, CIC Min.Chris Alexander and ex CIC Min. Jason Kenney don't care about people like you and I. They're in it for their own self advancement and self interest. People like us do not register on their meter.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think in 2015, once 4 out of 6 years rule takes affect, it will free up CIC resources. That's when they clear all of us backlogged. I took test a year ago, instead of oath got RQ and still waiting.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
vinaypuri said:
I think in 2015, once 4 out of 6 years rule takes affect, it will free up CIC resources. That's when they clear all of us backlogged. I took test a year ago, instead of oath got RQ and still waiting.
I don't think there is a "backlog" like you would think of it. I think that applications like mine are in their own separate line and no matter how fast they process new apps it's not going to make that pile go down any faster. For instance citizenship judges are being phased out so they are just going to let those apps rot until the same people with the same old procedures get around to processing them.