+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had Physical But No Word Yet - Self-Employed Category Application

Oct 30, 2013
Hello,

I'm applying for PR as Self-Employed. CIC has confirmed that they received my complete application. The embassy where it's being processed has also confirmed receipt. About 11 weeks ago, they requested that I undergo my physical. I thought it was a bit odd, since they only asked that I undergo the physical and they did not ask that my wife or kids undergo the physical. I suspect that this is because I clearly admitted to having had a major surgery in the past. I believe that they wanted to see if I could pass the physical before going to the trouble of processing my application.

So, anyway, I underwent the physical about nine weeks ago. I have no conditions that would disqualify me on medical grounds and the physical went well. I know that CIC followed up with the hospital to get my creatinine level, which was in the normal range. Since the physical, I have heard nothing from CIC or the embassy in question. When I try to check my status, I just get the page saying that my application is not yet being processed.

I'm assuming that I passed the physical, but this is just guesswork on my part.

My questions:

-Has anyone had a similar experience?
-Assuming I passed the physical, how long do you think it would take them to process my application?
-If I failed, how long does it take them to send the compassionate letter? Do they do so by email?
-Is it possible to inquire directly with the embassy about my status, or do such inquiries get form emails in response (and do they possibly hurt one's changes)?

Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is odd that you alone & not your dependants received medical request.

The best and only thing to do is to send a CSE (case specific enquiry) about your application. No, doing so will not affect your chances.

I'm assuming that you are aware that applications under the self-employed route take a Very Long Time :(.