+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H4 Visa Stamping in Canada

ponnu16

Dec 1, 2021
Hello, I have an H4 visa interview coming up in Canada, and I'm on a closed work permit. My spouse (H1b principal applicant) has an approved I797 without a US visa stamped on an Indian passport copy for the same. Will it be a problem for an interview? Please share any of your experiences that can help me in preparing for it.

Last edited:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello, I have an H4 visa interview coming up in Canada, and I'm on a closed work permit. My spouse (H1b principal applicant) has an approved I797 without a US visa stamped on an Indian passport copy for the same. Will it be a problem for an interview? Please share any of your experiences that can help me in preparing for it.
Is your spouse inside USA? Your spouse should be inside US while you are attending the interview or spouse should accompany with you for his/her Visa simultaneously or he/she should have already completed Visa and waiting for result. Either of these they would be looking at for them to grant H4.

ponnu16

Dec 1, 2021
My spouse is in USA only and can't travel outside due to home country visa stamping pending (change of status from F1 to H1 in USA)

Sep 16, 2021
Hi
A couple of questions-
1, Got my COPR... Can I do a soft landing and come back the same day to the US? Or
2. After my H1b gets approved, can I get it stamped in Canada? I know the PR card takes anywhere between 4-6 months to be issued, so can I use my copr again to re-enter Canada? Or do I need to go to my home country to get it (H1b) stamped?
Anyone who has done this?